We had a fun day today – it was a thrifty one at that too!! We had a few movie tickets left from our Kroger shopping trips a while back – they expired today and we needed to use them! So we went to see Toy Story 3 for FREE as a family tonight, plus we decided to make our family dinner out tonight as well! We did have to buy 1 ticket as we were one short – so we did end up spending $6 for all of us to go to the movies! Anyway, we went early to get our tickets to be sure we were going to be able to get in – I put the movie tickets in my wallet and then realized, at that moment, just how valuable this little wallet was!
For all of you Thrifties out there – let me know if you can relate and how “valuable” your wallet is:
- Cash $2.02
- Credit Cards – NONE!
- Walgreens Register Rewards – $21
- Kroger Catalinas – $4
- $10 in FREE Target gift cards
- $8 in Target catalinas
- JCPenney gift card (purchased at a deep discount) with a $24 balance left
- 2 HIGH value coupons for completely FREE products
- All of my store rewards cards (it really looks like I am rolling in the credit at first glance – I mean, like I have a SERIOUS problem – it is quite embarrassing pulling out the BIG pile and trying to find the right card, little do they know, they are ALL rewards cards!!), many of which have cash value on them in rewards.
- PLUS $26 worth of FREE Movie Tickets!!
Now if someone were to steal my wallet – they would probably think it was some kind of joke – they would think “there is NOTHING of value in here, but yet stuffed full?!?” But little do they know just HOW FAR that little wallet is going to take me!! Can you relate??? Well, after realizing this, I held on tight as I shuffled my way through the crowds at the theater and tucked it away safely in my purse GINORMOUS Mom bag (that is the traveling answer to everything – at least Thrifty Al and the kids think so;))!!
Mind you, this is all separate from my coupon binder – which is worth MANY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS to us!!!