It’s time for Thrifty Kids Thursday! We recently made a fun project that the kids really, really enjoyed! Homemade Puzzles with Popsicle sticks!
Our kids love puzzles, in fact we do too! We sit down on Sunday nights and will put together a puzzle with 500 -1,000 pieces as a family. It is fun!
However, this puzzle craft is no where near 500 – 1,000 pieces! The kids get to make this themselves and that is so much more fun than any ol’ puzzle any day.
What you will need:
- 12 Popsicle sticks per puzzle
- Masking Tape
- Markers and/or crayons
How to make:
- Lay a thin strip of masking tape on the table
- Then place the 12 popsicle sticks in a row at the base of the stick to make a square mat
- Run a piece of tape on the other side and on both sides of the top part so that there are two strips on both side to secure the pieces together at both the top and the bottom.
- Then let your child go to town creating a picture on their stick board!
- You can let you child create their own picture or using a pencil or stencil, draw a picture and then trace the final picture with a Sharpie or other marker. Then they can color the picture.
- Once their picture is complete, simply remove the tape and let them put together their new puzzle.
We store them in sandwich bags when they are finished and bring them out when they are bored or need an activity!
Catch up on past Thrifty Kids Thursday