This week, we went to Smiths which is our local Kroger affiliate. Last week, they had Tillamook cheese normally $8.99 on sale for $3.99. Plus we had printable cheese coupons for $1.00 off any brand cheese, which would have made them $2.99.
When we went shopping last week, the cheese was totally gone! But…. we just got a raincheck that extends the sale price to us at the $3.99 price. Grabbing rainchecks is always a good idea and this post shows why! This cheese deal was super sweet and we would have missed out completely if we hadn’t got the rainchecks.
We also stocked up on crackers as we teach the children’s Sunday School and so our supply of snacks was getting low. Our price point for the crackers and cookies is under $1.00 (or lower!), but we needed them and so they were a great deal for us in that case!
Here’s the breakdown:
- 1 2-lb bag of peaches for $1.98
- 1 2-lb bag of nectarines for $1.98
- 2 Red Bell Pepper for .50 each = $1.00
- 2 Orange Bell Pepper for .50 each = $1.00
- 10 boxes of Nabisco crackers for $1.67 each = $16.70. Then used 5 $1.00/2 coupons from the 6/19 Smart Source Insert – $5.00 = $11.70 for 10 boxes or $1.17 each.
- 5 boxes of Vanilla Wafers sale for $2.69 each = $13.45. Then received a $5 discount at checkout for buying 5 = $8.45 or $1.69 each.
- 2 Bag of Goldfish Crackers sale for $1.00 = $2.00. Then used two .35 off printable coupons – .70 = $1.30 or .65 each
- 2 Gallons of milk at $2.38 each = $4.76. Then used two .75 off printable milk coupons – $1.50 = $3.26 for two gallons or $1.63 each gallon.
- 4 lbs. of grapes at .99 a lb. = $3.96
- 5 2lb. loaves of Tillamook cheese at $3.99 with raincheck from previous sale = $19.95. Then used 5 $1.00 off printable cheese coupons – $5 = $14.95 for 5 or $2.99 each.
- 2 Birds Eye Viola meals sale for $3.38 = $6.56. Then used $3.00 in printable coupons = $3.56 for two or $1.78 each.
- 1 rotisserie chicken marked down to $2.50 = $2.50
Summary: Our total AFTER store sales but BEFORE coupons was $75.84. We then used $15.20 in coupons which made our final total $60.64. So just using coupons saved us an additional 20% off the already sale prices. In total we saved over 60%
The biggest savings was by far that Tillamook cheese! It normally would have cost us $44.95, but was only $14.95! So…. DON’T FORGET to grab your rainchecks!