Sam’s Club is offering a FREE $10 gift card for new memberships that join by November 24th. You will receive your gift card that will be activiated after the 26th (after Black Friday of course!).
Please see the site for details.
Thanks Combat Clippers
If you have thought about buying a Sam’s Club membership then this might be the time with this gift card deal.
Also, we wanted to share our thoughts again regarding the value of a club membership. We find that we save more money in the grocery store or Target/Walmart with sales and coupons than we do for the shelf prices of Sam’s Club bulk items with the exception a few items listed below.
We have mostly used the membership for a few food items that we like that can only be found at Sam’s Club or things that are hard to get cheap at the store – we have consistently purchased these items at Sam’s Club. We usually end up going about every 3-4 months.
For example – these items (in our experience) seem to be the cheapest and hard price to beat at the store:
- Fresh shredded Parmesan (the hard kind) is cheapest there
- Hormel real bacon bits (these are quite pricey for the non-imitation) in the regular store and we use it in recipes and salads a lot!
- French’s Fried Onions
- Honey (although we have been able to get this in our local grocer’s case lot sales the last 2 years for cheaper)
- There are some frozen bulk foods that can only be found at Sam’s Club that we really like too
- When we do make our quarterly or so run to Sam’s Club – we often find great produce deals and will stock up to eat fresh or freeze for the future.
- It is a great place to get freezers – for your awesome food deals – they seem to have lower and very competitive prices on new freezers
- When you are not getting your digital photo prints for FREE and need some photo prints now – Sam’s Club has the lowest price at .15-.16 a print. It is also easy to upload them from your computer and pick them up in the store and even cheaper that way!
- They can also have good deals on office type supplies and ink if/when you get in a bind and have not been able to get those items cheap lately and need them now. We mostly buy our ink with our Max Perks rewards – but have still needed to make a Sam’s Club ink run here and there.
- With some exceptions – we will purchase the frozen chicken or fish if/when we run out and there are no immediate sales (see our explanation on saving on meat).
- Finally, we go through batteries very quickly with our camera that is always on 😉 We cannot stock-up fast enough to keep up with our usage (after we run out of our awesome stock from the office store sales) so we get the excess that we need at Sam’s Club as they have the lowest everyday price.
So that is what we do with our membership. We debate renewing it each year, but have ultimately decided to renew because of the above list.
Please share your thoughts on whether or not you think a warehouse/club membership is worth the value and your experience!