We’re sharing our shopping trip results from our shopping trip today! We went to Smiths which is our local Kroger. Just like we have shared in our workshops and classes, even if there are sooo many things you can get for cheap with coupons, the important thing is to buy only what your family will eat and not let coupon shopping control your diet. This has been a hard rule to for us to learn after several years of couponing and having a pantry filled with things that we either wouldn’t eat or shouldn’t eat we decided that we are going to be in control of what gets purchased! So our shopping trips do looks very different from what they use to, but we are shopping the way we want and saving money too!
Here’s what we bought from our planned list:
- 4 boxes of Multi-Grain Cheerios on sale for $1.67 each = $6.68. Then used two 1.00/2 printable coupons – $2 = final is $4.68 for four or $1.17 each after coupons
- 1 All Small and Might sale for $2.99. Then used the $1.00/1 All coupon from the 6/3 Red Plum Insert (we get ours early :))= final is $1.99 after coupon
- 1 Nalley’s Pickles on sale for $2 each. Then used the .75/1 from the 5/20 Red Plum Coupon Insert = final is $1.25 after coupon
- 1 32-oz. bag of Kroger Shredded cheese sale for $3.49. Then used the $1.00/1 printable coupon = final is $2.49 after coupon
- 1 Sargento Sliced Colby and Pepperjack cheese sale for $2.39 each. Then use the .75/1 printable coupon = final is $1.64 after coupon
- 4 Oikos Greek Yogurt on sale for .77 each = $3.08. Then used two $1.00/2 coupons from the 5/20 Smart Source Insert = final is $2.08 for four or .52 each after coupons
- 1 Gallon of milk on sale for $2.00 each. Then used a .75/1 printable coupon = final is $1.25 each after coupon
- 5 Kroger Cottage Cheese on sale for $1.00 each = final is $5
- 2 Coffee Mate Creamer sale for $3.54 each = $7.08. Then used 2 FREE coupons from previous promotion = final is FREE
- 1 Wholly Guacamole sale for $2.50. Then use the $1.00/1 printable coupon = final is $1.50 after coupon
- 4.82 lbs. of bananas on sale for .55 lb. = final is $2.65
- 5 Avocados on sale for .79 each = final is $3.45 after coupon
- 4.83 lbs. of oranges at .89 each lb. = final is $4.30
- 2.06 lbs. of apples on sale for .99 each lb. = final is $2.04
- 2 lbs. of blueberries on sale for $5.99 = final is $5.99
- 2 packages of Flatout Flaxseed Flat Bread on sale for buy one get one free at $3.29 each = final is $3.29 for two or $1.65 each
- 2 Dole Salad Kits with Extra veggies and grape tomatoes on markdown for $1.79 each = final is $3.58 for two or $1.79 each
- 1 Dole Baby Spinach on markdown for $1.49 each = final is $1.49
- .80 lbs. of Roma Tomatoes on sale for .69 each lb. = final is .55
- 2 Bell Peppers on sale for $1 = final is $2.00 for two or $1.00 each
- 4 Pepperidge Farm Cookies on sale for $2.00 each = $8.00. Then used four .60/1 coupons from the 5/6 Smart Source insert – $2.40 = final is $5.60 for 4 or $1.40 each
Then we stumbled upon a super sweet markdown on products I love to incorporate into our cooking! Fresh Mozarella and Ricotta cheese! I was so excited to find these on markdown as we also had the coupons to make them even lower and can freeze them to use them when we need them! I will replace Ricotta cheese with cottage cheese in a lot of recipes to make it more affordable, but the real stuff is nice!
Here’s what we got extra:
- 4 Ricotta Cheese on markdown for $3.19 each = $12.76. Then used 4 $1.00 off coupons from the 5/6 Smart Source coupon insert – $4 = final is $8.76 for four or $2.19 each (normally $4.59 each)!!
- 4 Precious Fresh Mozzarella Cheese on markdown for $3.99 each = $15.96. Then used 4 $1.00 off coupons from the 5/6 Smart Source coupon insert – $4 = final is $11.76 for four or $2.99 each (normally $6.99 each)!!
Both of those markdown purchases were awesome, but they were a chunk of our grocery budget this week.
The total was $56.82 before the cheese and then $77.34 with the cheese. And then we had a $5 off Kroger Coupon from the Entertainment Book = final is $72.34. The total before all discounts was $166.84, so we saved $94.50. This was a total savings of 57% and all things we would eat and want to eat too 🙂 Or rather things we intended to buy and got it for a discount!
See more of Our Shopping Trip Results