This is my favorite rice cooker! This is the exact one that I have and I bought it on sale on Amazon! I LOVE it and it aids in helping me prepare frugal and fast meals for the family! We love to eat brown rice for breakfast (yes, breakfast), lunch and dinner – but I always struggled no matter how many dozens and dozens of times I made it to slow cook it on the stove top and not have a portion of it stick to the bottom of the pan. I concluded that it was just going to be this way unless I decided to stand there all 60 minutes of cooking and stir it!
Even with stirring it every few minutes, it was such a laborious effort for me (with 5 busy little kids, homeschooling and businesses to run all at the same time). So I broke down and bought a nice rice cooker. It has been one of the best purchases I have ever made! The rice comes out perfect (if it sits in there too long after cooking on warm, some parts get slightly browned, but it is not a bother to any of us!) and all I have to do is measure out the rice and water, close the lid, plug it in, and push a button and it is done! It sits on my counter right next to my bread machine, Vitamix and food processor! It is used at least 3 times per week either as a rice cooker, slow cooker or steamer!
The best part is that it is not just simply a rice cooker, it does a lot more. Here’s more details from the manufacturer:
- Perfectly prepares 4 to 20 cups of cooked rice and automatically keeps it warm for hours
- Easy-to-use digital controls for white rice, brown rice, saute-then-simmer, steam and keep-warm
- Saute-then-simmer provides high-heat to saute and automatically switches to simmer once liquid is added-perfect for spanish rice, and more
- Steams meat and vegetables while simultaneously cooking rice for healthy, one-pot meals
- 15-hour delay timer is perfect for flexible meal planning– rice is ready right when it’s needed
- 15-hour delay timer is perfect for flexible meal planning? rice is ready right when it’s needed
- Easy-to-use digital controls for white rice, brown rice, sauté-then-simmer, steam and keep-warm
- Sauté-then-simmer provides high-heat to sauté and automatically switches to simmer once liquid is added? perfect for spanish rice, packaged meal helpers, risotto, stir frys and more
I didn’t pay as low as $29 for mine, which is the sale that Target is having in-store and online this week! I paid more and would pay it again! BUT for $29, I am telling you that this is the one we use and LOVE! If you invest in the right tools, you will be more likely to stick with your budget and meal plan. So if you have money budgeted for things like this, we recommend not missing this sale!
Here’s the deal – Target has it in their ad for $29 this week. You can get this both in-store and online. For online, you will only pay $1.59 extra for the shipping (and tax no matter if online or in-store :)) so if you don’t live close to a Target or just want the convenience of having it arrive to your door, the $1.59 is still more than worth it!
Here’s a picture of our cart showing only $1.59 shipping (the shipping could vary slightly depending on zip codes):
Amazon is selling it for $39.99 with free shipping right now, so the Target deal this week (through 8/18/12) will save you a bit more!
See more Online Deals