Our local Kroger affiliate, Smiths, is where we did our shopping this week! We actually had ice cream and play time at McDonalds after dinner at home as our 5 year old reached 2 big school milestones today and we wanted to celebrate her accomplishments! Well, as the McDonald’s was in the same shopping center as Smiths, I just ran over there while the kids continued to play with daddy and pick up the hot cereal deal along with a few other items!
I received my Smiths golden envelope this week and to be honest, I usually have the coupons in there planned out before my trip. Well, I kinda forgot about them until right before we left. However, it worked out well as I didn’t buy anything unplanned, but rather, was able to use store coupons on top of my planned purchases!! I actually stuck close to our post regarding EXTRA Kroger/Smiths deals this week. Part of the items were from the PG promotion going on right now too.
Here’s a picture of what we bought!
Here’s what we bought:
- 1 lb. Strawberries $1.25 = final is $1.25
- 5 lbs. bananas at .52 lb. = final is $2.55
- 1.37 lb. broccoli at $1 lb. = final is $1.37
- 1.78 lb. cauliflower at $1 lb. = final is $1.78
- 6 Cobs of corn for .25 = final is $1.50
- 1 bag carrot chips = final is $1.59
- 1 bag baby carrots = final is $1.00
- 1 Kroger sour cream, veggie dip and cottage cheese all for $1.00 each = final is $3.00
- 4 packs of Tyson All Natural Chicken drumsticks on markdown for around $1.60 a pack = final is $6.09
- 1 pack of Tyson All Natural Chicken breast tenderloins markdown for $3.28 = final is $3.28
- 2 Tropicana Orange Juice for $2.38 each = $4.76. Then used $1/1 – $2 = final is $2.76 for 2 or $1.38 each!
- 9 boxes of Kellogg’s cereals (did 2 transactions just as our previous post explains) = final is $5.03 for 9 boxes or .56 each!
The next items were from the PG promotion and we bought a total of 8 items, so an additional $8 off or $1 off each item.
- 1 Tide sale for $5.99. Then used .50/1 Kroger ecoupon = $5.49. Then used $1.50 off detergent coupon from gold envelope = $3.99. Then used $1/1 PG 5/2 = $2.99. Finally, received $1 off for PG promotion = final is $1.99
- 2 Febreze sale for $2.49 each = $4.98. Then used 2 .50/1 = $3.98. Then used $1.oo cleaners coupon from gold envelope = $2.98. Then received $2 off for PG promotion = final is .98 for 2 or .49 each!
- 5 Covergirl eyeshadow at $2.24 each = $11.20. Then use 2 $2.50/2 and 1 $1/1 both from PG 5/2 – $6 = $5.20. Then received $5 off for PG promotion = final is .20 for 5 or .04 each!
We also used the following extra coupons from our gold envelope:
- $1.oo off Veggies
- $1.00 off Fruits
- $1.00 of total transaction
- $6.00 rewards certificate = final of $9.00 more off from store coupons!
Summary: Total before sales and coupons was $96.57 (not counting the regular price on the chicken, so the total would actually be higher!). The total before coupons AFTER the sale prices was $68.62. We then used $34.25 in coupons and PG promotion discount for a total of $34.37!!! Savings of 65%!! PLUS we have a $4 catalina to use next time!!