Guess what?!? It’s a happy day for our grocery budgets.Our favorite fresh, natural chicken supplier is offering one of the best sales we’ve seen in over six years – above and beyond the already amazing prices.
We have been customers for over 6 years and this is how we have purchased most all of our chicken and much of our beef and the only way we have purchased Salmon (they only way we can afford Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon – the good stuff, not farmed).
Well, it’s even better when you can get a stellar deal plus another discount. And that is what we have today! There is a new coupon code: CHICKDEAL that will take 12% off your total order of any of the above chicken options whether you do one or several (to really stock-up).
What do the prices become?
This makes the chicken the following prices (note the prices in the picture above where with the 12% off coupon)
Boneless, skinless chicken breast (free from added hormones and antibiotics) – regularly $1.69 per lb. After 12% discount = $1.49 per lb.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs – regularly $1.69 per lb. After 12% discount = $1.49 per lb.
- Boneless, skinless jumbo chicken tenderloins – regularly $2.19 per lb. After 12% discount = $1.93 per lb.
- Whole chickens (free from added hormones and antibiotics) – regularly $1.59 per lb. After 12% discount = $1.40
You can get this deal through 12/4 at 11:59 pm PST
Here’s how to get this farm fresh (never frozen) high-quality chicken for CHEAP!
So, if you live in the 48 Continental United States, you have an opportunity to order amazing quality meats (including the chicken breast and whole chickens that are hormone and antibiotic free – whole chickens being perfect for homemade bone broth) at amazing prices. These prices are MUCH lower than the grocery store (like 30-50% lower every day) – especially when you compare quality to quality.
It is basically a meat co-op and a co-op is how we love to buy both our meats and our produce. It is offered through Zaycon Fresh Foods with pickup locations locally, and all over the country!
How does this nationwide meat co-op work?
Now….let me explain how this works in a few bullet points:
- It’s only available a few times per year – each type of meat is offered about twice a year.
- You order now for a pickup in the future – usually 2-4 months ahead of time. Yes, you will be ordering now for a future pickup (in this case, ordering in November for February pickup).
- It’s only available in bulk – which is great for families with freezer storage OR 2 – 3 families sharing a case that don’t have freezer storage.
- You pick it up at the specified local location, not at a store, warehouse, etc. A refrigerated delivery truck arrives in your local area and parks in the parking lot. You drive up, roll down your window and give them your name, pop the trunk of your vehicle and they will load it in! You don’t even have to get out! It super simple, other than driving to the pick-up location. Most locations are within 5-10 minutes.
So in the end, it’s like a bulk, meat co-op! At least this is how you can think of it!
If it’s not sold in the grocery stores, how do I get it?
The way that this works is that you place your order online and then you will pick up your order from a local pick-up site as they are delivered to the area fresh in a cold truck. For example, the chicken comes right from the farm and is not frozen beforehand, so it is super fresh. The pick-up spot is usually within a few minute drive of your home and they are in a parking lot of a private business/organization (like a church parking lot) and the pick-up time for your area will be on a certain date and a small window of time (usually 30 minutes) on that day.
Here are some example pictures from our last pick-up:
Since this coupon code for 12% off works on all poultry offerings, let’s share with you the deals you can get now through December 19th, 2016 at 11:59pm PST.
Examples of the chicken sales right now
Note, you will need to use coupon code: CHICKDEAL through the link HERE.
Farm Fresh Chicken Thighs for $1.49 per lb.
Farm Fresh Jumbo Chicken Tenderloins for $1.93 per lb.
Farm Fresh Chicken Breasts (no added hormones or antibiotics) for $1.49 per lb.
Farm Fresh Whole Chicken (no added hormones or antibiotics) for $1.40 per lb.
Let me share with you what I ordered:
- 1 case of chicken breast
- 1 case of whole chickens
I am going with these two options myself for a few reasons:
- Yes, we are a family of 8, but we honestly eat very little meat. This is a perfect order for us and will easily last us 6 months until the next chicken sale.
- I love cooking with whole chickens as I can make 5 meals from one chicken and even make my homemade bone broth on a budget.
- I s-t-r-e-t-c-h the meat and can use one chicken breast by combining with rice and beans (with the exception of a few meals here and there calling for whole breasts) for one meal for all of us when combined in soups, casseroles, tacos, burritos, chilis and other chicken dishes.
- Although these two selections are not technically certified organic, with the way they are raised without hormones or antibiotics, it’s a great second, but I am not paying the price that is 2-3 times higher.
That means I have my chicken covered for the next 6 months at just over $100!! Here’s my cart!
I am very excited about the whole chickens! This is a new meat offering and I know it is going to be very good quality based on my past purchases. There are approximately 10 whole chickens per case. That will be 50 meals for us!! I have been buying the Simple Truth Natural whole chickens on markdown for about $6 from Kroger (normally about $9 each), so this makes them about $4.89 each after coupon code and equivalent to this brand from Kroger. Here’s information about the whole chickens:
We highly encourage you to look into this and to place your orders soon as they sell out of this product. One time, I waited too long and the locations that were 3, 15, 25 minutes away were sold out and I had to go with the fourth option that was 45 minutes away, when I literally had an option up the road. It was still worth the 45 minute drive, however, I don’t wait any longer because I want to pick-up close to home and order before they sell out.
Head to the Zaycon Site HERE and register (or log-in if a member).
You have to be registered to see the prices, pickup and delivery details and dates for your area and additional details.
Don’t miss this event as it is only open for orders the next few weeks or until they sell out and then it will be gone again for a while!
By the way: if you are a blogger…you need to READ THIS POST! It is for you. 🙂