I must say… these are probably one of the most fun and easiest treats we have made for Valentine’s Day! Who wouldn’t want a giant kiss? Except, instead of chocolate – Rice Krispies Treats.
Now I do know that there may be some disappointment that it isn’t chocolate if it is given to an adult… or woman, but at least you can eat it with less guilt! However, kids are never disappointed and LOVE this! We can attest to it!
And these are a small fraction of the cost as the store-bought giant kisses too.
A handmade treat is always sweeter anyway, whether it’s Rice Krispies or chocolate 🙂
Another thing that is nice – it is super festive, but it only takes a few minutes to make them!
What you need:
- 6 cups of rice crispy cereal
- 5.5 cups of mini-marshmallows
- 3 TBSP of butter
- Ribbon (or strip of paper with a Valentine message)
How to make: Please note, you can make them in the microwave or on the stovetop. We are sharing the “fast” microwave version, but you can melt the ingredients on the stove in a big stock pot too.
- Melt the 3 TBSP of butter in a large microwave safe bowl for about 30-60 seconds, until fully melted.
- Then add the marshmallows and microwave another minute.
- Stir the butter and marshmallows and you will have a cream version.
- Add the rice crispy cereal and stir until the mixture is well mixed!
- Then, with your hand greased, scoop the mixture into a greased funnel and push it in and form until the funnel is full.
- Then dump it over onto wax paper to cool. Please note, if it is too hot, you may need to let it sit in the funnel for a few minutes, otherwise it will “fall apart” from it’s cone shape.
- Continue making cones until the mixture is gone.
- Then, using a flat piece of foil, place a cone in the middle.
- Then form the foil around the cone in 4 places (it will look like a fried wonton).
- After that, take the remaining 4 sides and fold inward, pressing them up against the cone.
- Stick in your ribbon and close the top.
- PLEASE NOTE: you want to handle the foil as little as possible. Every finger touch wrinkles it more. Also, don’t just “twist” the foil around, but fold it as shown. Twisting it around it makes it looks like a big blob of foil instead of a kiss shape.
- With the funnel size I had, I was able to make 7 from this recipe. Your number will vary based on the size of your funnel.
- Then hand out and enjoy!
See more DIY Ideas HERE
See our Holiday Pinterest Board HERE
Leave a Reply