We wanted to share a quick and easy Thanksgiving themed edible centerpiece, treat, appetizer, table decor and snack with you!
It is so ridiculously easy that you can pull it together in a few minutes and with a few supplies. Your last minute snack/treat/themed eat solution!
Who doesn’t love salty and chocolately together? So not only will it be super easy, but it will be a hit too!
Here’s how to make it!
Supplies & Ingredients for Chocolate Dipped Turkey Pretzel Rods in a Jar Treat Idea:
- Pretzel rods
- Dark cocoa candy melts
- Fall sprinkles
- Mason jar
- Large googly eyes
- Red felt
- Orange felt
- Hot glue
- Parchment paper
- Brown candy to fill jar with (I used Hershey Drops, but brown M&M’s or chocolate covered raisins would work as well!)
- Melt the candy melts according to package instructions. When I am covering pretzels I like to melt my candy melts in a cup making it easy to dunk the rods into.
- Prep your counter while the candy is melting. Place a piece of parchment paper on the counter. Pour a pile of sprinkles for rolling your dipped pretzels in.
- Once the candy is melted, cover the end of your pretzel rod in chocolate!
- Working quickly, roll your pretzel rod in the fall sprinkles.
- Place the rod on the parchment paper to harden.
- Fill your mason jar with brown candy.
- Cut out an orange triangle (beak) and a red wavy shape (wattle).
- Hot glue eyes, beak and wattle to the jar.
- Once the pretzel rods have hardened, push them into the candy in the jar.
That’s it! Then you have a great, edible table decor or centerpiece!
What do you think of this easy idea? Would you make something like this and what would you use it for? Party? Your Thanksgiving table? Pre/post dinner snacks? Family time? etc.
This is also part of our 6 “Instant” Thanksgiving Themed Treats ideas and you can see all 6 ideas in this video here and more information on our Thanksgiving Page here.