We are posting this as we are all dealing with sickness in our house right now! Thrifty Al started it as the last day of our vacation, he came down with the flu. We were visiting Grandma down south and ended up staying an extra day because he was so sick he could barely move, let alone drive! Thankfully, it seemed to be just an intense 36-hour bug and he recovered quickly!
Well, since we just arrived home this last Monday evening, myself, our 2-year old and our 4-year old have been dealing with and struggling with a bad cold. It is nice to have a stockpile of medicines that we have gotten for CHEAP the last several months, but sometimes even better is R&R and some natural home remedies.
So, in case any of you are going through what we are, here are 8 ways to naturally and for minimal cost, cure a cold and flu!
- Bulb syringe for stuffy and runny noses
- Saline drops (this is ThriftyAl’s #1 cure – he swears by it for all of us!)
- Cool mist humidifiers
- Shower steam room
- Menthol and Eucalyptus vapors
- Increased fluid intake
- Chicken noodle soup
- Comfort and TLC and Sleep
We actually found these tips summarized on the site BabyZone.com. We suggest visiting their site for even more ideas and ways to cure naturally and inexpensively!
* This is not, of course, intended to be medical advice – always check with your doctor first!