Wowee, this is a very nice Sam’s Club offer from Groupon. Basically, in the end, you will get a $5 annual membership!
What this deal is that you spend $45 and here’s what you get:
- A One-Year Sam’s Club Membership ($40 value)
- A $20 Sam’s Club gift card
- $20.14 in free food vouchers. Food vouchers valid for an Artisan Fresh Rotisserie Chicken (about 3 lbs, a $4.88 value), Main St. Bistro Scalloped Potatoes (2.5lbs, a $8.98 value), Artisan Fresh Pippin Apple Pie (10”, a $6.28 value)
Since the membership alone is $40, you will essentially receive $40 in additional freebies, which pays for the membership! This is a great option, but you can only get it for a short time or until they sell out. We currently have a Costco membership, which we love, but we might also get this deal as it is such an incredible deal as good as free! It can’t hurt to have both memberships, especially during the holiday season!
Don’t wait on this deal as it will most likely sell out!
So head over to the Groupon site (if you do not see it, change the city to Salt Lake City, but it is a national deal available everywhere!) and check out this sweet deal right now for a Sam’s Club Membership Package valued at $85.14 for only $45!
*Please note, this is valid at any Sam’s Club location (see the screen shot) so if you don’t see it under your city, just change it to another city like Salt Lake City to purchase it. It doesn’t matter what city you buy it under.
Head to the Site through this link HERE to get your Sam’s Club Discount Package
- Scroll down the page and look for this image for this national deal: (it was near the bottom of the page for us) OR click on the Food and Dining Category and you should see it!
- Click on the blue arrow to make your purchase!
* Additional Details: As an added bonus, all new Sam’s Club members receive more than $200 in members-only savings offers on some of Sam’s Club’s most popular merchandise. Customers may redeem their membership in the club starting on Wednesday, November 13. On top of that, members that have redeemed their membership by November 27 will also receive an Instant Savings Book with more than $4,100 in member-only savings offers that are valid through November 27. So don’t forget to redeem your voucher by the 27th for these extra savings!
We also wanted to mention the items that we buy regularly at Sam’s Club. Costco is different as we buy a whole lot more than we do at Sam’s Club, but that is a topic for another day.
For example – these items (in our experience) seem to be the cheapest and hard price to beat at the store:
- Fresh shredded Parmesan (the hard kind) is cheapest there
- Hormel real bacon bits (these are quite pricey for the non-imitation) in the regular store and we use it in recipes and salads a lot!
- French’s Fried Onions
- Honey (although we have been able to get this in our local grocer’s case lot sales the last 2 years for cheaper)
- There are some frozen bulk foods that can only be found at Sam’s Club that we really like too
- When we do make our quarterly or so run to Sam’s Club – we often find great produce deals and will stock up to eat fresh or freeze for the future.
- For a large item deal – we have found that Sam’s Club is a great place to get freezers – for your awesome food deals – they seem to have lower and very competitive prices on new freezers
- Our most recent large purchase was a new t.v. that was last year’s floor model for over 75% off. They had it marked down by over 70% as it was last year’s model and the floor display and then we talked them down by another $55.
- When you are not getting your digital photo prints for FREE and need some photo prints now – Sam’s Club has the lowest price at .08 – .13 a print. It is also easy to upload them from your computer and pick them up in the store and even cheaper that way!
- They can also have good deals on office type supplies and ink if/when you get in a bind and have not been able to get those items cheap lately and need them now. We mostly buy our ink with our Max Perks rewards – but have still needed to make a Sam’s Club ink run here and there.
- With some exceptions – we will purchase the frozen chicken or fish if/when we run out and there are no immediate sales (see our explanation on saving on meat).
- Finally, we go through batteries very quickly with our camera that is always on We cannot stock-up fast enough to keep up with our usage (after we run out of our awesome stock from the office store sales) so we get the excess that we need at Sam’s Club as they have the lowest everyday price (along with Costco).
See more Online Deals
This is a great deal, but the expiration date is February 10, 2014…so its not a full year’s membership. Still a great deal…
Hi Lisa, Actually, the expiration date is for when you need to take this voucher that you bought into Sam’s Club to turn it into your membership. You are buying the coupon to give you a year’s membership, but you will still need to take it to Sam’s Club and redeem it – which is when you will get your coupons for the free food, your gift card and your picture take and a card made. You just need to do it by February 10, 2014. 🙂 Hopefully that clears it up and makes more sense!
And here’s the actual words of the deal on the groupon site just to further confirm what I said 😉
Details from the site on this deal:
“$45 for a Sam’s Club Savings Membership package (an $85.14 total value)
One-year Sam’s Club Savings Membership (a $45 value), which includes a membership card for the primary cardholder and a complimentary membership card for a spouse or other household member
$20 gift card valid for any in-club purchases
Fresh-food vouchers, redeemable through Monday, February 10, 2014 (a $20.14 value), including:
One free Artisan Fresh Rotisserie Chicken (about 3 lbs, a $4.88 value)
One free Main St. Bistro Scalloped Potatoes (2.5lbs, a $8.98 value)
One free Artisan Fresh Pippin Apple Pie (10”, a $6.28 value)