Its been a crazy week around our house this past seven days. Our life has all but stopped while we celebrated a new addition to our family – a little beautiful and special boy. So if you’re wondering what happened to yesterday’s check in, I’ll just blame (err, attribute) it to him and the special way he can turn what used to be a night of restful sleep into one less restful. Yes – we’re having fun adjusting to our new schedule. 🙂 But know we wouldn’t change anything about him or his birth or even this past week. It has been a true blessing!
But as we let you know each week we want to encourage you to weigh in! Yes, first we mean we want you to measure your progress (whether by scale, inches/centimeters, or your favorite Non-Scale Victory method) as you weigh-in to see where you are at. But we also want you to weigh-in on how you are feeling, your struggles, your victories and anything else you want to share. We want to celebrate with you or help encourage you on – or even both!
Feel free to either leave a comment below or come over to our 90-Day Fitness and Health Challenge group on Facebook and share with us the answers to some of the following questions:
- Have you been able to keep up with your short-term goals from this past week?
- How many times did you work out? How are you feeling?
- How did your diet go? Are you finding any temptations? Maybe someone can help encourage you how to beat that exact one! 🙂
- How goes your water intake?
- Let us know any weight/inches you’ve lost (and gained – sometimes that happens)
In other words – we want to find out how you’re doing so we know how to encourage you on! Remember, there are going to be good days – and other ones. There’s going to be good weeks and not. And maybe just identifying what went wrong (if it did) will help encourage you to be even better this next week!
So for example here’s what happened with me (even though remember I’m a little ahead of you :-)). This week has truly been unique to say the least:
- All my short-term goals went out the window. While my beautiful wife was in the hospital I didn’t leave her side. I was thankful for grandparents that helped with the other kids so I could take that time and help Cassie out. I share this because although I remembered my running shoes and heart rte monitor, I forgot my shorts and other workout attire. Lets just say I knew when I got back home that I would pick it back up.
- As I mentioned I didn’t do a great job with this past week’s goals. So all my goals for next week are going to pushed out a week. I do plan to get back on track with my full IronStrength workouts. Plan to do it twice (Wednesday and Friday) of this upcoming week (you can see my updates on our ThriftyHealthCouple Instagram account – hashtag #90dayhealthttc)
- I can’t tell you how bummed I was to be staying (as far as my diet goes) while in the hospital. At first I had a really difficult time finding foods with simple ingredients (whole grains, non-processed foods, simple dressings) but made sure to eat as healthy as I could. As time went on I found healthy vegetable omelette options (see my Instagram account for that), turkey and grilled chicken plates with (hopefully) whole grain buns, and salads with light oil and balsamic vinaigrette. All this to say when I checked my weight this morning I had lost more weight – and I attribute it all to my diet.
- My water intake started off terribly while in the hospital because all I initially had access to was 8oz disposable cups. After finding a refillable options I was able to increase that intake close to my normal weekly intake – but I’m hoping with a new week including exercise that I’ll be able to up it back to my “normal” overflowing levels. Don’t forget that if you’re having troubles you can use the 5-Weeks to More Water Challenge from the fitness and health printables bundle!
- As I mentioned above, I couldn’t believe it when I stepped on the scale and had lost another 2.4 lbs – for a total weight loss of 33.8 lbs so far since I started my challenge! As I’ve said before, this is just the start for me with this challenge as being the way I kicked off the rest of my life!!
So let us know what you’re up to and how we can keep encouraging you on on your path for weight loss, fitness and health. Don’t forget the great ways to keep in touch with us on this challenge:
- If you haven’t signed up yet – come join us from the very beginning by clicking on the 90-Day Fitness and Health Challenge and sign up to start receiving your automated challenge from the very beginning!
- Come join our Fitness and Health Challenge with The Thrifty Couple Facebook Group HERE and ask to join us there. Everyone is sharing their updates, asking questions and encouraging one another on in their journey – we would love to have you join in as well! You can invite friends and spouses too to keep you going as well.
- Follow our journey on Instagram – Thrifty Health Couple – a place where we share daily updates of diet, health and how we are doing! You can also check out #90dayhealthttc to track everyone else that posts for this challenge as well.
Keep it up – you can see whole-life change if you set your mind to it and keep on pushing on!
Disclaimer: We are not licensed health professionals. We are only a couple that are excited to offer you a place where you can find encouragement and resources to help you in your quest for health, weight loss and fitness. Any tips we share should not be construed as medical advice but is only there to let you know of other options for your health. If you have questions or before starting any weight loss or fitness challenge please make sure to talk to your doctor.
Leave a Reply