Do you want to learn how to cook 5 fresh meals for the week in less than 1-hour in this Dinner at Home Challenge? I am so excited to share a quick challenge with you! My friend Michelle makes meal plans that allows you to make prep-ahead meals at home. You make five fresh meals at one time for each night of the week. What I love about these dinner-at-home meal plans is that it also includes the sides and prep for the sides. It seriously cannot be easier.
Once you have prepped the meals ahead of time, the night of dinner, you simply need to pour it on a pan and pop it in the oven, most cooking in under 10 minutes!! There will be one meal out of the five that will be a slow cooker meal, but you just spend your 10 minutes at the beginning of the day, instead of the end.
How amazing is that!?!
Her dinner at home challenges are sweeping households across the nation because they are saving massive amounts of time and saving tons of money too!
Even better, since she is a friend of mine, she is giving all of our readers a free one-week menu and week long dinner at home challenge.
I am going to do this challenge with you! I will be doing a live video on Monday with prepping all of these meals before-hand live on Facebook. This allows you to see the process before the official challenge starts.
Do you want to join us? The shopping list is simple, the meals are simple and the night you cook them, they are fast! It is a meal solution idea that is perfect for many households.
I have used her meal plans because my family does like fresh food at home. We made the freezer meals too, but we all prefer fresh made meals. It’s just that we run out of time. Michelle solves this problem.
There are a few other reasons why eating dinner at home is important to us and we want to pass those reasons along to you.
Why is this important? We believe it is important for three reasons:
- Family Dinner Time – You can arguably state that you get the time together as a family at a restaurant, but in all reality, sitting down together as a family around the table is a practice that is slowly becoming extinct. However, it’s such a crucial time for the family relationships and eating is one of the most intimate activities a person does (as life is dependent upon it), so enjoying dinner together draws the family closer. Sitting at the table makes for a wide open door to discuss the day’s events, get to know one another better. Even more, we encourage couple’s and families to have a nightly 5-10 minute meeting regarding the family’s finances and the goals and what was accomplished that day to work towards those goals (or the things that failed to fix and encourage to do better). There is really no better time than dinner and it is often too intimate of a subject to discuss while at a restaurant.
- It’s healthier – No matter how you ‘slice it,’ dinner at home is much healthier as a normal practice versus restaurant food. Sure, there are many at-home meals less healthy than many restaurant meals, but for the most part, many people find a much healthier diet by eating at home more. It is a common problem and complaint from those that dine out, eating dinner out is not as healthy.
- It’s cheaper – FAR cheaper, even when comparing fancier at home meals with cheaper meals eating out – it’s still generally cheaper!
Did you know that eating out is now such a common practice, that the money spent on eating out surpassed that of buying groceries? According to Bloomberg, in 2015, American’s spent more money eating out than they did on groceries! Let’s eat at home frugal friends and save money, save health and save relationships!
Now…who wants to have amazing meals at home all next week and for an affordable price too?
I thought so. 🙂
Grab your 1-week meal plan shopping list and recipes HERE. I will be doing the challenge the week before you so I can share the live videos of the 1-hour prep for the week and then the few minutes each night before dinner. We will officially kick off the challenge on Sunday, April 23rd and ends on Thursday, April 27th. This gives you fresh, homemade dinners Sun-Thurs of that week.
In this live challenge, you will learn tips, tricks and the skills to lighten your load during the week to make each and every week dinner at home.
Come and watch dinner prep for the week on Monday live on Facebook at 2pm MST (April 17th, 2017) while I assemble our meals for the week LIVE on Facebook! Then, you can prepare for your dinner-at-home week long challenge and join us the week of April 23rd-April 27th for the same sample menu!
Here’s how this challenge works:
- Shop according to the shopping list provided HERE a day or two before the challenge that starts on Sunday, April 23rd.
- On April 23rd, Come home and prepare the 5 meals according to the provided recipes and place the ingredients in the baggies. I will be doing mine live on on Facebook HERE on Monday, April 17th at 2pm MST assembling my five fresh meals in hopefully less than 1-hour and you will be able to watch this video on the Sunday of the challenge start.
- This will take you less than an hour to do.
- Store in your fridge.
- The day of the dinner, simply open the bag and pour onto your pan. I may do the live videos of dinner time prep too as this meal plan includes the complete meal, including the sides!
- Finally, join our Facebook group HERE for more videos, recipe tips, encouragement and to actively be a part of the challenge.
Simple as that!
Will you join us on this challenge?
Find more challenges to help you succeed in many areas of life including finances, weight loss, health, debt, home organization, schedule on our Challenges Page HERE.