A while back, we shared how we purchased a 40 lb case containing 4 tubes of lean 93/7 ground beef. We paid $3.99 per lb. then. Now it is even cheaper for a short time for an amazing sale on ground beef nationwide. This is through a nationwide meat co-op, which we have mentioned is the best way to get farm fresh meats for 30-50% less than the grocery store.
The quality is comparable to the higher quality meats in the grocery store, aside from the organic. When you can’t afford organic, this is going to be your second best option. But this is not available in the grocery stores!
If it’s not available in the grocery stores, how do I get it?
That’s the beauty of this program! It’s a nationwide meat co-op. Similar to other food co-ops, you will pick up your meat in a specified local location. There are 1,200 pickup locations all over the country.
This beef is sold via Zaycon Foods which is a nationwide company that provides fresh chicken, beef, pork and seafood to families at an affordable prices. They only have meat offerings at certain times of the year and for a certain type of meat. You do not know how often or when they will have these sales Well, right now is their additional beef event and it often sale out at their low regular price. So since they are offering quite a discount, they will most likely sell out again.
This is the process to get farm fresh meats for 30-50% less than the grocery store:
- For this co-op, at different times throughout the year, a certain product will be on sale like chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, bacon, etc. The same product will only be on sale a couple of times a year. So if you see a product you want, order it now for pickup in the future.
- You order a case online (bulk order) for much lower price for the comparable meat selection in the grocery store. You order and pay now for a future pickup time.
- The pre-orders allow for the farms to produce the meats required and because everyone is ordering direct, it drives the price down.
- Then, when your pickup time arrives, you will drive to the location, typically a 5-30 minute drive (depending on where you live in the country). The pickup locations are in the parking lot of a private business or organization (like a church parking lot).
- You will pull-up to the refrigerated truck and you don’t even have to get out of your car. You give them your name, they confirm your order and put your case of beef (or whatever product) in the back of your car.
- I actually shared a video on our Facebook page of our pickup process on the chicken breast so you can get a bird’s eye view of how it works.
- Bring it home and process it how you want. I generally cook half of it and freeze it for fast meal solutions and freeze the other half raw in 1-lb packages.
Here’s a bit of information on the ground beef specifically:
I always like to compare to ensure I am getting the best deal. Honestly, we use to buy a 1/4 cow before buying our beef products through Zaycon. We have been so impressed with the quality and the prices that this has been the only way we have purchased it since trying the ground beef a few years ago. We actually don’t buy our meats in the grocery store and haven’t for years (with the exception of markdown organic meats – that’s the only time!).
I headed to the grocery store to compare prices to ensure that this price was great (I already knew the quality was).
To my surprise, the grocery store had regular 80/20 on SALE for $3.49 lb. I was shocked at the price of ground beef in our area! So I knew that this was a good deal because checking the price of 93/7 was between $4.50-$6 per lb. with varying quality.
Here’s the REALLY important information!
They just started their next ground beef sale and have started with an AMAZING launch price! This price is only good through 2/25/17. After that, the prices will go up to $3.79 for the 93/7 and $2.79 for the 80/20, which is still a great price compared to the grocery store.
But, we want you to get the best prices and save even more! Please note, you will order now, and pick this order up in mid-July (exact dates are based on your location). I know it seems weird to order now for pick-up then, but this is how you get those farm fresh meats for low prices – like a co-op!
I watch for these launch sales on a new product like a hawk as it is the best time to get the best deals.
How To Get Ground Beef Super Cheap
Head to the Zaycon Site HERE and register (or log-in if already a member) and add both, many or one of 93/7 or 80/20 and then use coupon code: GBDEAL for 22% off total!
You have to be registered to see the prices, pickup and delivery details and dates for your area and additional details. If you don’t want 40-lbs of beef, go in on this option with friends. Each case contains 4 10-lb rolls, so it can easily be divided.
As an extra tip, I wanted to show pictures of how it comes and what I do to prep it for the freezer!