Paper Heart Balloons are a craze! At least in our house. My kids enjoy making paper crafts. Our daughter learned how to make Paper Heart Balloons. She then took it a step further and added candy inside for a fun and unique Valentine’s Day card. What is really neat about these is they are handmade, you can put nearly anything small inside and they are a fun way for kids to keep their hands busy, be creative and make something homemade!
These Candy-Filled Paper Heart Balloons are also very simple to fold and make and so they do not require a ton of skill, practice or patience! We have made a video to show it. Attempting to show 40 pictures with step-by-step seemed far more difficult than the project needed.
We sped up our original video so that you can see it from beginning to end in under 2-minutes. But, if you want to watch it slower, simply watch it on youtube and slow it down and fold along!
Once you have folded along with the video a couple of times, you will probably be a pro and not need the instructions anymore!
How to make Paper Heart Balloons
Here are the supplies needed for Candy-Filled Paper Heart Balloons:
- Square paper – We use 12×12 scrapbook paper
- Candy, small toy, note, token, something for the inside!
- You can even write the note on the inside/underside of the decorative paper too for a fun surprise note inside!
That’s all you need!
Here’s the video showing you how to fold it into a heart! You will also “blow it up” like a balloon in the end!
To slow the video down:
- Click on the settings gear on the bottom right-hand side of the video.
- Select the speed you want to watch it at.
- This is best for when you are ready to fold with the video!
See more DIY ideas including more
Valentine’s and Heart-Themed Projects in our