Time to share another holiday favorite! Many homes love to have the scents of the season floating around the air! I am no exception. Between my cinnamon, clove, orange and holiday blends essential oils, that I diffuse or place in a pot with simmering water, or this lovely recipe – my home smells like a Christmas wonderland (I hope!).
But what is cool about this idea is that it is frugal and a WONDERFUL gift idea. I have received versions of these as gifts from church family, friends, neighbors, etc. and I love it every time I do.
So we wanted to share this classic idea with gift tags for you to gift to others and/or to make for your own home. We’ve shared numerous gift ideas this year (and past years) so hopefully you can gift to others on a dime, but gift some nice things. Another one of my favorites is gifting dinner. A HUGE blessing for the receiver and an affordable option for the giver. So be sure to check that one out too!
Now on with the DIY Christmas Potpourri gift idea and instructions.
Ingredients needed for the DIY Christmas Potpourri:
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 TBSP cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Place the ingredients in a baggie and attach the included gift tag. Decorate the baggie how you want!
- Slice the orange and then place all of the ingredients in a pot with 3 cups of water.
- Simmer on low for many hours (great during parties and gatherings at your home)
- This can be on for several hours, although every 1.5-2 hours, you may need to add more water
I love these scents! Again, I have taken shortcuts with this by using cinnamon, clove and orange essential oils. If you want to do the same, be sure to read where to get the best deal on essential oils for home and cleaning use. It is the most affordable option I have found and my go-to source!
Here’s the printable gift tags for you to use!
|<== Download your printable Christmas Potpourri Gift Tags HERE|