Since it is Thanksgiving Season, we wanted to share a fun idea to make with the kids. We are going to show the “semi-homemade” version of this because you can really use any cookie you want. It’s more the scarecrow decorating part that we intend to share here.
In fact, this is a super fun way to keep kids busy – by making their own scarecrow! That’s what we let our kids do and we are sharing their creations with you.
What you need for the Scarecrow Cookies:
- Round cookies of some kind. Sugar is going to be the best and make the most sense.
- Frosting in white and fall colors
- Sugar wafers
- Chocolate chips and/or candy eyeballs
- Candy corn
- Pull-Apart Twizzlers
The idea is simple and self-explanatory – you can just follow the pictures to see how to assemble these fun little characters:
- Frost the cookies in the color wanted.
- Use one full size and one half size wafer for the hat
- Use the chocolate chips or candy eyes for the eyes
- Use candy corn for the nose
- Use the Twizzlers for the hair and mouth
- The Twizzlers bend and twist and will stay in position to make funky mouths and curly/crazy hair, so it’s a fun cookie decorating experience for kids! It will keep them busy. 🙂
- Next, you’ll want to add a band around the hat. Put some frosting in a sandwich bag and make a small snip on the end and then draw a frosting line across the hat.
- Then cut a Twizzlers to the right size and stick it on!
- And then you are finished and can enjoy!
It’s a fun way for kids to enjoy the season! We actually shared our cookies with our neighbors this year!