These are so much fun and so tasty! It is a fun way to enjoy the festive fall season and have a treat that will please tastebuds young and old. Food always tastes better when it is festive and fun anyway, but you can rarely go wrong with milk shakes of any kind. So let us share with you this easy recipe and tips for creating the candy corn milkshakes.
- 1 Quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Quart Orange Sherbet
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Let your vanilla ice cream soften for about 25 minutes outside of the freezer. After the ice cream is softened take 1/3 of the ice cream and put it into a bowl and put the quart of vanilla ice cream back in the freezer. Add yellow food coloring to the ice cream in the bowl until the desired shade is obtained. Mix well.
- Take your orange sherbet out of the freezer to allow it to start softening.
- Fill your milkshake glasses with yellow ice cream into the bottoms, filling the cups about 1/3 full. I used this dessert decorator with no tip to put the softened ice cream in. It makes it so much easier and less messy.
- Wipe down the inside of the cups with a paper towel to remove ice cream streaks. Place your cups in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to let the yellow layer harden a little.
- Take your vanilla ice cream out of the freezer again to allow it to start softening.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and carefully spoon in the orange sherbet now, filling the cups about 2/3 full, and again, smoothing out the top. Wipe the excess on the inside of the cups with a paper towel. Place the cups back in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and add the final layer of vanilla ice cream, filling the cups within 1/2 inch from the top of the cup. Smooth out the tops again.
- Top off your desserts with whipped cream or cool whip. Enjoy!
It’s as simple as that and now you are ready for a fun fall party!
What do you think of this treat idea? Is this something you would make? What would you make it for?