I learned this really cool trick this year to rim glasses with crushed candy – specifically candy canes. In the past, I also ran a bead of water or juice along the rim and then dipped in the crushed candy or sugar….only to have it run down the sides and be a mess.
Well, there is a much simpler and much more effective way to do this! It is SO EASY too!
How to Rim Glasses with Colored Sugar or Crushed Candy Canes:
You will need – marshmallow creme and candy canes, hard candy or sugar crystals.
- Using a knife or spatula, spread marshmallow creme on the plate in a circle.
- Then crush your candy canes or hard candy in a ziploc with the flat side of a kitchen mallet.
- Dump the crushed candy or, if you are using sugar crystals, onto a small plate or bowl in a circle. The bowl needs to be slightly larger than the rim of your glass.
- Then, with a clean and very dry glass, dip the rim in the marshmallow creme.
- Immediately dip the glass rim into the candy!
That’s it! It will be clean, pretty, non-drippy and made slightly beforehand and ready to pour drinks in when you are!
Here’s a video showing just how easy it is!
Isn’t that a cool trick!?! I am so glad to have found that trick as we like to serve fun drinks for the holidays and special occasions for all ages and now we have a flawless way to make it a bit more festive!
See more Recipes
See our Recipe Pinterest Board