I finally found a way to reheat leftover steak that turns out nearly as perfect as when you ordered it in the restaurant! It is always such a disappointment to have a nice dinner out every once in a while and have this beautiful steak or prime rib that you just can’t finish to bring it home and have the reheat not so great!
So I wanted to share a method to recreate that perfect steakhouse steak at home again!
It is actually going to be by steaming it! But you want to retain the juices and the flavor of the original steak.
So this is how to perfectly reheat leftover steak and prime rib:
- Place your leftover steak or prime rib in a piece of foil.
- Then, using the au jus your steak came with, or a beef broth, use cover your steak in 2-3 tbsp worth. Hint: most restaurants provide au jus for prime rib and you can ask for a “to-go” cup of it. In addition, if you have a regular steak, you can just ask if you can have a small to-go cup of au jus with your leftover steak.
- Fold the foil around the steak and au jus, so it is fully sealed and covered.
- Then, place in the steamer basket and steam on high for 3-6 minutes (depending on how big your steak is) with the steamer covered with a lid.
- Once it has been steamed, unwrap and place on your plate and enjoy!
Enjoy your perfectly reheated steakhouse steak once again!
See more Recipes in our Recipe Art Gallery
See our Recipe Pinterest Board