YAY! This Nationwide Farm Fresh Chicken Breast Deal is available again. We get to tell you about this a few of times per year because this chicken is ordered farm fresh from a local farm and delivered to your area fresh (never frozen). It is a meat co-op that cuts out the middle-man and brings the meat from farm to you. Because it is done this way, it is only available a few times per year. June is the next available opportunity to pick-up the fresh chicken, so you need to order soon to cash in on this meat co-op offering for your area.
You will place your order now and your order will be ready in a few weeks! We LOVE this option for many reasons:
- The prices are generally 40% lower than the grocery store. It is only $1.89 per lb. for 100% natural, no added hormone chicken breast.
- It is fresh, never frozen
- It is convenient
- It is economical
- It simplifies grocery shopping, menu planning, and prep (I cook half of it and shred it and freeze the other half raw so I have quick meal options)
- It is purchased by the 40lb case, which means you only need to order a couple of times a year and you are set!
This is the main way that we have bought chicken for 6-years now. It saves loads of money and is a bit better option than just any ol’ chicken from the grocery store.
So let us tell you about what we do for bulk chicken supply a couple of times per year. This is a smart frugal option vs. buying chicken in the grocery store.
A popular company called Zaycon Foods offers different meat offerings a couple of times a year. Once they sell out, it is gone until the next sale in about 6 or so months. They have a different offering all of the time, but we have only purchased chicken and ground beef.
The price for boneless, skinless chicken breast is $1.89 a lb., which is really, really good price compared to the grocery store.
But EVEN BETTER is the quality of the chicken compared to many grocery store options. This chicken tastes amazing (we should know because we’ve had it for 6-years and know when it is not this chicken).
What is Zaycon Foods?
This chicken is sold via Zaycon Foods which is a nationwide company that provides fresh chicken, beef, pork and seafood to families at an affordable price. Zaycon cuts out the middle-man of the grocery store, which means a 30-50% savings on all the different selections of meat they have. It is basically a meat co-op and they can get these amazing prices because you are ordering in advance and the bulk orders drive the prices of the meat down! Their meat is higher quality and in some cases a natural option. They only have meat offerings at certain times of the year and for a certain type of meat. The last natural chicken breast sale was last fall. You do not know how often or when they will have these sales.
If it’s not sold in the grocery stores, how do I get it?
The way that this works is that you place your order online several weeks in advance. Then you will pick up your order from a local pick-up site as they are delivered to the area fresh in a cold truck. The chicken comes right from the processor and is not frozen beforehand, so it is super fresh. The pick-up spot is usually within a few minute drive of your home and they are in a parking lot of a private business/organization (like a church parking lot) and the pick-up time for your area will be on a certain date and a small window of time (usually 30 minutes) on that day.
To get this chicken for the price of $1.89 per lb. ($1.51 lb for first-time participants), you do need to order in bulk. The bulk boxes come in 40lb. cases and you can get multiple cases or split a case with several people. Whatever your needs are! Currently, you order today through the next few weeks (or until they sell out, which they do!) and then pickup is at the end of June. For the specific date/location/time, you will need to check your area on the website.
This comes out to be $75.60 each 40lb. box. (or $54.08 for first-time participants!) This is an AMAZING price per lb. for this quality of chicken breasts.
We often get two 40-lb. case boxes as this is pretty much the only chicken we have. We also have a growing family and our little kids are getting bigger, so we are starting to need to make more per meal. One 40 lb. box will last our family for about 3 months.
What do we do with the chicken?
We have done a handful of things. Here are three ideas that have worked well for us!
- We freeze half of the chicken raw in Ziplocs and the other box we cook it all up and chop it up and have cooked cubed or shredded chicken which makes dinner so much easier as this is always the hardest part for me (defrosting and cooking the meat). So the days I have very little time, the cooked chicken is the answer.
2. We make bulk homemade marinades and freeze in the marinade.
I have made 5 different homemade marinades: Asian, Mexican, Italian, Ranch, Hawaiian. These are my own recipes and I make enough of each to have 4 of each flavor/type for a total of 20 meals with marinades. These are super simple as I just have to get the ziploc bag out the day before and pop it in a crock pot. I serve with rice, potatoes or pasta plus steamed veggies and a bread or fruit and we have a complete meal in no time. I haven’t shared these marinade recipes yet, so if you would like me to, give a shout out!
3. The last time, I gave freezer cooking a try and spent two-hours preparing 24 meals from 12 recipes with the Zaycon Fresh freezer cooking meal plan! My 6 kids helped me and it was a fun day in the kitchen. We actually made the 24 meals live on Facebook.
Hopefully this gives you some ideas to get the ball rolling!
Now what should I do?
We highly encourage you to look into this and to place your orders soon as they sell out of this product. One time, I waited too long and the locations that were 3, 15, 25 minutes away were sold out and I had to go with the fourth option that was 45 minutes away when I literally had an option up the road. It was still worth the 45-minute drive, however, I don’t wait any longer because I want to pick-up close to home and order before they sell out.
Here are details about the chicken that they offer (this information is from their site):
Our Trademark Event
• 100 % natural chicken with no added hormones, additives or artificial ingredients
• Comes directly from the processor and has never been frozen
• Sold by the case — 40 lbs in each case
• Case dimensions—18 in wide x 12 in deep x 7 in tall
[NOTE: Our chicken is delivered in its original wholesale packaging, a water resistant cardboard case containing three or four plastic bags of fresh chicken breasts. The smaller bags are typically sealed in a larger plastic bag. The smaller bags are not uniform in weight. There will be small amounts of naturally occurring liquids (i.e.,”chicken juice”) in each bag and case. Chicken breasts typically come in double-lobed pairs (“butterfly”) and will have small attached amounts of fat.]
Just as we have mentioned many times in our classes, we rarely buy meat at the store. Between our beef supply from a local farmer or the ground beef from Zaycon, and these opportunities to buy chicken in bulk, we are set for most meals. Most all of our weekly budget goes to the fresh produce and dairy and small portion to the coupon items that we use!
How to get this Farm Fresh Chicken Breast Deal
- Head to the Zaycon Site HERE and register (or log-in if already a member).
- Then click on Shop by Product in the top menu of the website:
- Click on chicken:
- Out of the different chicken options, click on the Chicken Breast Sale:
- You will see the details of the Chicken Breast, but to see prices and if it is available for your area (or sold out for your local area), click on “On Sale” link:
- Then place your order!
Two current coupon codes to take another 20% off: (These coupon codes work on anything in the store right now, so order all of your meats for the next few months for 20% off!)
- New customers can use coupon code: PT20 to get it for 20% off through April 30, 2017.
You have to be registered to see the prices, pickup and delivery details and dates for your area and additional details.
Don’t miss this event as it is only open for orders the next few weeks or until they sell out and then it will be gone again for a while!