You will be very happy to see this deal again! Every once in a while, Groupon offers this Sam’s Club deal. It has been about twice a year. Last time Groupo had it, it was in November. So it’s nice to see it back as this is a popular deal through a reputable website! Basically, in the end, you will get a $5 annual membership!
What this deal is that you spend $45 and here’s what you get:
- One-year Sam’s Club Savings Membership (a $45 value)
- Complimentary membership card for a spouse or other household member
- $20 gift card valid for any in-club, online or fuel purchases
- Four Fresh-food vouchers, redeemable at the time of membership activation through Monday, October 27, 2014 (a $26.23 value), including:
- Sliced oven-roast turkey (22 oz. – $7.98 value)
- Ciabatta rolls (8 ct. – $3.99 value)
- Black bean five-layer dip (28 oz. – $7.98 value)
- Apple pie (10” – $6.28 value)
Since the membership alone is $40, you will essentially receive $46 in additional freebies, which pays for the membership! This is a great option, but you can only get it for a short time or until they sell out. Please note, your membership is valid for one full year after you activate your membership in-store… But to get the $26 in free food, you do need to activate by 10/27/14.
We took advantage of this deal back in November. We have a Costco membership and do like Costco better – there are still several things at Sam’s Club we like to get the member price on… and the biggest factor was that it really ended up costing nothing extra, so it was totally worth it to have it for the year!
Don’t wait on this deal as it will most likely sell out!
So head over to the Groupon site and check out this sweet deal right now for a Sam’s Club Membership Package valued at $91 for only $45!
- Click on the blue arrow to make your purchase!
* As an added bonus, all new Sam’s Club members will receive $80 in special members-only savings on select popular items.¹ These savings are valid 30 days after membership activation.
We also wanted to mention the items that we buy regularly at Sam’s Club. Costco is different as we buy a whole lot more than we do at Sam’s Club, but that is a topic for another day.
Be sure to read the fine print, but one thing to note, this is NOT for renewals. It is for NEW memberships ONLY.
For example – these items (in our experience) seem to be the cheapest and hard price to beat at the store:
- Fresh shredded Parmesan (the hard kind) is cheapest there
- Hormel real bacon bits (these are quite pricey for the non-imitation) in the regular store and we use it in recipes and salads a lot!
- French’s Fried Onions
- Honey (although we have been able to get this in our local grocer’s case lot sales the last 2 years for cheaper)
- There are some frozen bulk foods that can only be found at Sam’s Club that we really like too
- When we do make our quarterly or so run to Sam’s Club – we often find great produce deals and will stock up to eat fresh or freeze for the future.
- For a large item deal – we have found that Sam’s Club is a great place to get freezers – for your awesome food deals – they seem to have lower and very competitive prices on new freezers
- Our most recent large purchase was a new t.v. that was last year’s floor model for over 75% off. They had it marked down by over 70% as it was last year’s model and the floor display and then we talked them down by another $55.
- When you are not getting your digital photo prints for FREE and need some photo prints now – Sam’s Club has the lowest price at .08 – .13 a print. It is also easy to upload them from your computer and pick them up in the store and even cheaper that way!
- They can also have good deals on office type supplies and ink if/when you get in a bind and have not been able to get those items cheap lately and need them now. We mostly buy our ink with our Max Perks rewards – but have still needed to make a Sam’s Club ink run here and there.
- With some exceptions – we will purchase the frozen chicken or fish if/when we run out and there are no immediate sales (see our explanation on saving on meat).
- Finally, we go through batteries very quickly with our camera that is always on We cannot stock-up fast enough to keep up with our usage (after we run out of our awesome stock from the office store sales) so we get the excess that we need at Sam’s Club as they have the lowest everyday price (along with Costco).
See more Online Deals