Can you give your wife or mother a few things this Mother’s Day that won’t cost you money and take just a bit of effort? She will be so grateful and thankful!
We promise it won’t be too painful for you to put your mom or wife at the top this weekend, but making a little bit of an effort will render mounds of thankfulness and a renewed, refreshed wife and mother.
Here’s what your mom and wife really wants this year!
1. Let her sleep in – kids leave her alone! Dad, sneak out and handle the noisy kids. Have some fun “quiet time” together and let her come out of her room when she wants and not when you want.
2. Breakfast in bed (or at the table with her family) – As soon as she has awoken, send her right back to bed and bring her her coffee/tea and breakfast. Sure a well planned, well made, fancy breakfast would be nice…. but the most important part is not making a mess for her to clean up later and/or causing a bit of stress trying to make it fancy with the myriad of questions. If a quiet breakfast of cereal and coffee is what it takes, that will be more special.
3. Spend TIME together. Mom’s love quiet days of spending time with her kids and hubby and enjoying the blessings of life.
4. Give her uninterrupted alone time for at least an hour! Just like mom’s love spending time with her kids and hubby, she also love’s “me” time. And total ME time. Let her have a bath, reading, sleeping, whatever she wants for at least 1-hour without ONE interruption – no questions, no knocking on the door, no need so great that it can’t wait an hour. Dads, enjoy this time with your kids while mom relaxes.
5. Keep it clean. Clean up after yourselves the whole day, do your chores without her telling you. And maybe do little extra chores or her chores…. BUT only if it doesn’t cause her stress with you asking tons of questions and being frustrating in the the process.
6. Easy bedtime. Kids, go to bed on time and without a nighttime run around! Just do it!
7. Massage and more ME time. Dads/husbands – give foot/hand/neck massages to your awesome wife and mother of your children as the day is coming to a close!
Some extra thoughts:
The point of the day is to be relaxed and so don’t try to go “overboard” as it may just stress all of you out. Savor and enjoy the day.
Don’t forget that the most special gifts are handmade cards and notes. You don’t have to spend money to make the day special!
For adult kids and their moms – one of the best things you can do from afar is to call your mom and talk to her for a bit! She loves that!
Finally, ask her what she wants! Maybe she doesn’t want to sleep in or maybe she doesn’t want a bath. Each mom is different and while this list is to help you give your mom/wife a nice day, this post is also written by me…. the wife and mother of this house and everyone is not just like me.
Have a wonderful and blessed Mother’s Day Weekend!!