Week #3 Focus Areas Schedule! Plus, share your updates on this challenge!
We are now on week three of our 30 Day De-Clutter Challenge! The goal of this challenge is very simple: just simply get rid of 5 things each day!
It is not an organization or cleaning challenge, which are separate challenges that you can join. However, some organization and cleaning might naturally happen in the process.
But we are taking baby steps and getting rid of 5 things for 30 days will set the stage for a much easier organization and cleaning challenge (when you are ready for those).
We are over half way through the challenge, so that means you should have gotten rid of about 70 items total by the end of today!
*Remember that your goal is to get rid of five items a day in the 30-days. See the full instructions to the declutter challenge here.
So for week #3- these are the areas we encourage you to start with on your clean-out and to focus on this week:
- Laundry Room/Cleaning Closet
Basically just focus on your bathrooms and laundry/cleaning areas this week and find 5 things each day to get rid of! The bathrooms are really easy to find 5 things – we have lots of cupboards and drawers that seem to pile odd and end items between de-clutter challenges that can go!
Here’s the list of questions that are appropriate for these areas:
- Do you really need this?
- When was the last time you used it?
- Is it expired or rancid? Throw it away if so!
- Are you using it right now? If not, will it still be good when you are ready to use it? If so, store it out of the way. This question would be on seasonal items, or make-up you only use for special occasions, or other odd and end uses.
- If I don’t need it, is there someone I know that needs this? This goes into the borrowed box.
You will probably also find a lot of items for your garbage bin, so fill ‘er up! 🙂
*Be sure to join us on our Facebook page HERE where we will also be giving daily goals and tasks for this challenge!
How is your declutter challenge going so far? We hope you are finding many things to get rid of and getting these areas of your home organized!