Honestly, we rarely drink soda. But when you can get it for a good price, there are a number of different things you can do with Coke that is actually very effective and quite helpful on a dime!
Here’s our 10 favorite alternative uses for Coca Cola:
- Clean your blackened or burnt pots. Just pour coke in the bottom and let it soak while the coke breaks down the particles and then scrub away! If it is a tough burnt spot, bring the Coke to a boil on the stove and scrub away.
- Remove blood and grease stains from clothing. Depending on the garment, where the stain is, and how bad or old the stain is, either spray on Coke, or soak it in Coke. You can then use a bit of baking soda and scrub the spot and wash as normal!
- Clean vehicle battery terminals. This is an old trick and a good one because it works effectively. Just pour a can of Coke over the battery terminals and the terminals will come out clean!
- Remove rust. Again, depending on where the rust is, the surface where the rust is located and how much there is depends on how you will clean it. Most of the time, a sponge or rag soaked in Coke will work, or you can pour Coke on directly where the rust is and scrub away.
- Remove crayon or marker from carpet and upholstery. First, you will want to soak the spot in Coke by either spraying or pouring directly on. Let it soak for a minute or two. Then with a warm soapy sponge, cloth or toothbrush, scrub the spot away. Then finish with a warm water rinse from a rag. If it is a tough spot, you may have to do this a couple of times!
- Loosen bolts. Especially bolts that have been in place for a long time can get very stuck! Pour a bit of Coca Cola on the bolt directly and the Coke with “eat it loose” for you!
- Clean the oil stains in on your garage floor or driveway. Similar to cleaning the grease on your clothing, it can do a fine job on cement too! Pour the Coke directly onto the grease spot and let it set for a while while it eats the grease and then rinse it away!
- Shine up and clean your coins. This works especially well for copper. Either have a cup of Coke and a toothbrush and scrub, or soak in Coke and rinse.
- Clean your toilet bowl. Pour a can of Coke in the toilet bowl and let it set for about 30 minutes. Come back and scrub and flush!
- Clean a car engine. Again, another old trick in the book! Clean a car engine with coke similar to the battery terminals and grease cleaning! Pour it on and let it do it’s job!
See more Homemade Products