I love Valentine’s day! I love to love! I love to love my Savior, husband, kids, family, friends, church family, neighbors and the world around me!
I also love having the excuse to celebrate the “love” holiday to show it even more and just have pure fun!
But…. I am a super busy wife, mom, Christ-follower, homeschool teacher, business operator and much, much more – all things that take up most all of my day – except for the 7 hours I try to sleep!
But I do these things because of all that I love! So if I can also find things that take very little time, are cute, require little or no money, fun, festive and easy – then I am totally in!
So I made these cute little Valentine Centerpieces! It took me 5 minutes to make them and I let the kids have a piece or two of candy a day!
What you need:
- A wide vase or two. I already had these, but you can get them for $1 or less at the dollar store, Walmart and even a craft store with a 40-50% off coupon!
- 1 Bag of Conversation Hearts (I found them at Walmart for $1 a bag)
- Votive candles. I already had the “flameless” votive candles that are very realistic, but safe for my littles. A pack of 2 flameless votives are $2.50 ($1.25 each), which isn’t a bad price, but they do cost more than the real thing.
- Ribbon – bought a roll at Hobby Lobby for .50 (normally $1, but on sale for 50% off).
So the total, if you bought everything new would be $6 for two or $3 each with the flameless votives. This is the most you would pay, you could get the items on sale or opt for supplies in your own home or even real votives and the cost would be much less.
How to make it:
- Simply place your votive in your vase.
- Then evenly pour the conversation hearts around the votive until it is close to the top of the candle.
- Tie your ribbon around your vase. In my case, my vases were shaped to tie the ribbon at the bottom, which is cute!
- Place and enjoy!
See more DIY Ideas HERE
See our Holiday Pinterest Board HERE