It’s time for the next Baby Step for the next category: Home!
As a reminder, the 30 Be Intentional Baby Steps are designed to get you on the right foot, the right track and give you energy, efficiency and organization which will propel you into a life that is able to develop an overall financially smart, happy and frugal home.
We encourage couples and families (including the kids in your home) to do these challenges together so the whole house can function well!
As the 30 steps go along, we will be focusing on 5 areas for the Be Intentional Challenge:
We are still working on the second area of life – the HOME. We want to get the basics to get your home functioning well so that you can do the more comprehensive steps in future challenges.
Baby Step #7
Clean Off and Scrub the Bathroom Counters and Then Do A Daily Wipe Down
This one is a really easy on to incorporate into your day. The idea between this task and the other home related tasks, like Why It’s Important To Make Your Bed Everyday.
In fact, this is why it’s important:
- A clear counter gives you a clear head.
- It makes your environment healthier to prevent lingering water, a friendly home to bad bacteria.
- If forces you to put the things away on your counter (it is really easy to quickly put away the things you use each day) and keeps your bathroom looking much clean!
- It encourages you to do more in your home!
- It is another simple task to train you to be disciplined in your tasks and life.
- It encourages you to clean-up the rest of the bathroom.
- It makes it much easier to have last-minute or surprise guests.
- It sets an example for your children, husband and wife.
- It develops heathy habits in everyone!
Here’s how to do it:
- We want to encourage you to take sometime in the next 24-hours to clean off all of your bathroom counters and scrub them clean.
- Then leave a rag out on each bathroom counter and set a house rule that every time someone uses the bathroom, they need to dry wipe the counter before they leave the room just like they dry off their hands. This will do awesome wonders to a tidy bathroom each day. Be sure to point out that this is a rag for the counter, not for drying hands or washing faces.
- Each day, assign someone to replace them in each bathroom.
We are also saying to do this task, even if the rest of your bathroom is a mess! If you have time and opportunity, by all means… clean it all up. But make a goal to at least have cleared counters daily (with a scrub on your normal routine) and each time someone uses it, there is that designated rag for wiping it all dry – husbands and kids included! It is the cost they pay to use an indoor toilet 😉
Join us at our small Facebook Be Intentional group HERE for encouragement, discussions and more. Just send a request to join and we will add you to the group.
Information about the top photo: These are our bathrooms from the main level, master bathroom and kids bathroom. This has been a fabulous habit we have developed (and working on) in our family and home!