Today’s featured DIY project is from a personal friend of mine! Janelle made this awesome quilt from her family’s old denim jeans! It is so unique, memorable and sweet!
We wanted to share many DIY’s this new year as doing many things yourself is not only fun, but saves money and can be memorable too and this is such one project!
So what Janelle did was quite simple. It is her own pattern.
- She did a 4 inch square.
- Then cut 2 inch strips and did the log cabin around one time.
- She then made 100 squares.
- She mixed up all the shades of jeans to have a random look.
- She finishes the back with fleece
- Then quilt it with sewing next to the 100 squares.
A couple of extra tips. She used a paper piecing type of idea. You can find many, many paper piecing ideas and patterns by googling “paper piecing.”
Samples of paper piecing.
She also wants to remind everyone to use a jean sewing needle as you will not be able to make it without it!
What a fun way to recycle old denim jeans and what a fun memory maker it would be!
See more DIY ideas HERE.
If you have a DIY idea to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org