We just wanted to remind you to not forget to go and redeem your Groupon Voucher for your Sam’s Club membership. We posted about this a couple of weeks ago and we know many of you got it.
Well, you should do it as soon as possible for several reasons:
- We picked up our free food. For this week especially, we had an already roasted chicken, already made scalloped potatoes that just needed heating in the oven, and an apple pie. We are super busy this week with preparing for Thanksgiving, but we also have a big birthday party for our daughter on Saturday! This meal was total comfort food and I didn’t have to do anything! It was the perfect week for that!
- You will want your membership for the hot holiday sales, final Thanksgiving shopping and Christmas shopping!
It was quick and easy to grab our membership with the Groupon voucher, grab our free food (you can get your free food anytime between now and February, but this was the day I needed it!) and we enjoyed some extra savings too for the upcoming birthday party this week!
As a reminder, we wanted to mention again the items that we buy regularly at Sam’s Club. I should add that we are also buying a huge $10 veggie tray and chips for the upcoming birthday party. Those aren’t regular purchases, but for special occasions, even better deals!
For example – these items (in our experience) seem to be the cheapest and hard price to beat at the store:
- Fresh shredded Parmesan (the hard kind) is cheapest there
- Hormel real bacon bits (these are quite pricey for the non-imitation) in the regular store and we use it in recipes and salads a lot!
- French’s Fried Onions
- Honey (although we have been able to get this in our local grocer’s case lot sales the last 2 years for cheaper)
- There are some frozen bulk foods that can only be found at Sam’s Club that we really like too
- When we do make our quarterly or so run to Sam’s Club – we often find great produce deals and will stock up to eat fresh or freeze for the future.
- For a large item deal – we have found that Sam’s Club is a great place to get freezers – for your awesome food deals – they seem to have lower and very competitive prices on new freezers
- Our most recent large purchase was a new t.v. that was last year’s floor model for over 75% off. They had it marked down by over 70% as it was last year’s model and the floor display and then we talked them down by another $55.
- When you are not getting your digital photo prints for FREE and need some photo prints now – Sam’s Club has the lowest price at .08 – .13 a print. It is also easy to upload them from your computer and pick them up in the store and even cheaper that way!
- They can also have good deals on office type supplies and ink if/when you get in a bind and have not been able to get those items cheap lately and need them now. We mostly buy our ink with our Max Perks rewards – but have still needed to make a Sam’s Club ink run here and there.
- With some exceptions – we will purchase the frozen chicken or fish if/when we run out and there are no immediate sales (see our explanation on saving on meat).
- Finally, we go through batteries very quickly with our camera that is always on We cannot stock-up fast enough to keep up with our usage (after we run out of our awesome stock from the office store sales) so we get the excess that we need at Sam’s Club as they have the lowest everyday price (along with Costco).
See more Online Deals