This is a sample from a previous organic basket!
We wanted to let you know that we just ordered a bunch of produce from out co-op and you can too! We’ve talked about this many times, but for a refresher, read up on the Nationwide Produce Co-Op called Bountiful Baskets for food shares of $15 and more HERE!
I was really excited to log-on to the Bountiful Baskets website this morning to order our organic basket this week. Why, well, I was able to get 21 lbs. of Pineapple for $13.50! EEK!
This is exciting for 2 reasons:
- I needed to refill the pineapple supply in my freezer for our morning smoothies and cooking
- BUT the next reason is that I was planning to start re-growing my pineapple tops and have pineapple plants in my home! They can be grown year-round indoors! I actually was just talking to my extended family over the Easter weekend about my plan for this and many other plants that are also fruit bearing plants in my home year-round!
So in addition to my garden plans outdoors this year, I will share what I am growing inside too sometime, but you can bet will we have a bunch of these pineapple plants going 🙂
Plus, since it is April 1st, I could also order 5 baby elephants, which is super cool because we have discovered that our miracle baby Josiah who is 22 months old now LOVES, I mean really LOVES elephants….so he will be so thrilled 😉
Here’s what I ordered for Saturday’s pickup!
If you want to see if they are available in your area too, then…
Head to Bountiful Baskets HERE and choose your state and then a pick-up location closest to you from the drop-down menu.
Also, they just made the announcement that they have added yet another state – Minnesota! If Bountiful Baskets is not in your state yet, either contact them to see what they need to start one or keep watching for them to open up in your state too! They are rapidly growing and rapidly opening other states. We have been fortunate to have been the first state and so we have been able to do this for quite some time!
*Please note, you only have until tomorrow night at 10pm PST to order your produce for this week!
Also, to fully understand what we are talking about, you do need to read this article HERE.
For more fun and informative frugal reads, don’t miss these posts:
- How to cut and freeze Pineapple
- How to re-grow the tops of pineapples to grow your own fresh pineapples
- 30 Ways to Save Money On Produce
- More Of Our Other Shopping Trip Results