We are getting ready to start a new theme and challenge here on our site and we encourage you to join us!
We will be starting this challenge just after the first official day of Spring starts (next Thursday, March 21st is our starting date!) so we wanted to give you around a week to gather the items needed before we dive in and start making our own cleaning products and then start getting our homes cleaned out little by little this Spring!
We make our own homemade cleaning products using natural ingredients! Not only is it much, much healthier, but it is also a lot cheaper (even with using coupons on pre-made cleaners).
I have been doing this for years and I make anti-bacterial cleaners too with special ingredients listed in our previous post HERE.
We are going to be making 23 cleaning products and your shopping list is below. It will cost around $12 for the ingredients and most all of the ingredients will make several batches for that $12 too!
Here’s what we will be making:
- Floor cleaners for different floor types
- Anti-bacterial Cleaning Wipes
- Mold and Mildew Remover
- Vacuum Cleaner Deodorizer
- Fruit and Veggie Wash
- Glass/Window Cleaner
- Antibacterial Cleaner
- Bathroom Scrub/Homemade Soft Scrub
- Air Deodorizer
- Stain Remover
- Kitchen/Food Area disinfectant
- Drain Cleaners
- Toilet Cleaners
- Carpet/Car deodorizer
- Garbage Disposer Cleaner
- Sensitive/Baby Laundry detergent
- Regular Laundry detergent
- Dishwasher Soap
- Dish Soap
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Fabric Softener (4 Easy Recipes)
- Dishwasher/Washing Machine Cleaner
- Homemade Jet Dry
- Heavy Duty Natural Cleaner
- Magic Eraser and Gentle Wall Wash
Now please note, there are only 9 ingredients plus essential oils (which really are essential for these cleaners and worth every penny in our cheap essential oils post HERE) to make all of the above! We hope your home, family and health will be much improved and appreciate these products!
Also, after the home cleaning, we will be sharing our homemade personal care and also many medicine replacements in the future. It is too much to share here. Let’s get cleaning out of the way first!
Here’s your shopping list that you can just print off and grab quickly at Walmart or other local stores!
|Make 26 Homemade Natural Cleaning Products For Around $12 - Printable Shopping List Too|| || |
- -Kirks Castile bar soap 3-pk (found in the hand soap section) WM=$3.28 ($1.09 Each)
- -Kirks Castile liquid soap 8oz. (found in the hand soap section) WM =$2.83
- -Pure Ivory Bar Soap (found in the bar soaps section of Walmart)(for baby and sensitive skin detergent) 10-pk for $3.97 or 3 bars for $1.24 making it as low as .38 each bar
- - Zote Large 14.1 oz (top shelf next to laundry detergents) WM=.97, Kroger = .99
- -Zote Soap Flakes 17.6oz. WM=$2.64
- - Fels Naptha 5.5oz. (found on laundry aisle, but near specialty laundry products) WM=.97, Kroger=$1.69
- - 76 oz. WM= $3.97
- - 55 oz. WM= $3.97
- -Morton Ice Cream Salt and then blended to make it a little finer 4 lbs. in grocery section/spices aisle WM=$1.88
- -Morton Coarse Kosher Salt 48 oz. (3 lbs.) WM=$1.88, Kroger =$1.89
- -Kroger Brand Coarse Kosher Salt 48oz. (3 lbs.) Kroger= $2.49
- -Great Value (Walmart brand) .15 each
- -Kool-Aid brand WM=.25, Kroger =.25
- -Great Value (Walmart brand) 1-gallon= $2.48, 64oz. = $1.92, 32oz.=$1.22, 16 oz.=.82
- -Heinz Gallon WM=$3.28
- -Heinz Cleaning Grade (6% acidity vs. 5% acidity) Kroger= $3.79
- -Kroger Brand 1-gallon=$2.49, 64oz. = $1.49
- -Kroger Brand Cleaning Grade (6% acidity vs. 5% acidity) 64 oz. = $2.49
- -Sam's Club or Costco Brands $3.98 for 2 1-gallons (2 gallons total) = $3.98 ($1.99 each)
- -16oz. WM=.52, Kroger=.57
- -32oz. WM=.88, Kroger = $1.00
- -Great Value (Walmart brand) 1lb. box =.54
- -Kroger Brand 1ib. box = .99
- -Arm and Hammer ½lb. box WM=.58, 1lb. box WM= .82, Kroger=.83, 2 lb. box WM= $1.46, Kroger = $1.89, 4lb. box WM=$2.24, Kroger = $3.59, 12lb. bag (192 oz) WM= $7.57, 13.5 lb bag Sam's Club = $6.59
- -Hospitality Brand sold at Walmart 4 lbs. box (64oz.) = $1.98
- Don't forget the Essential Oils - this is the heart of the cleaners. http://thethriftycouple.com/2013/03/15/hot-deal-on-essential-oils-to-use-in-our-homemade-natural-cleaning-products/
- Pumice Stone $1.88 (cleaning section at Walmart)
- Paper Towels (Walmart brand BIG roll with 140 sheets =.98 - this is not for cleaning, we recommend re-useable rags, but to make cleaning wipes)
- Microfibre rags or old t-shirts (the dollar store is a good place for this)
- Spray Bottles (you can recycle some from your home as long as they did not contain chemical products or harsh ingredients, otherwise, get new ones from Walmart for .98)
- Old Toothbrushes - instead of throwing them away, keep a pile for cleaning purposes
You can also use this list at any other store and as your price point to beat. Many of these items may be found in the dollar store.
Please note, all of the prices listed are based on our local Walmart's prices.
Finally, we also HIGHLY recommend that you take this week to not only gather these items around your home or buy the items you don’t yet have as well as print off and create your Home Management Binder downloads put together this notebook as you are probably going to want to store these recipes in your home binder. See all of the information on this in our previous post HERE about Put Together Your Home Binder with Free Downloads.
Enjoy and get your items together over the next week and look for
the start of this fun and healthful challenge in the Spring!!