We are on our last day of sharing 30 challenges to help you have a more productive, more fruitful and life-changing. It was designed to be 30 easy to achieve challenges that will ease you into this life-changing life.
So, for your last challenge….. Be Intentional Challenge #30:
With the words that we started with, in the past, when we have tried to acheive goals, we dive in both feet first and then seem to set ourselves up for failure and break our plan just a few weeks later. We tried the “jump all in feet first” approach with our debt and we kept crashing and failing. It wasn’t until we finally planned to take baby steps that BIG changes happened!
So just as we stated when we started these challenges, we have adopted that same idea in all areas of life: finances, routines, organization, healthy life living, etc. And that idea is to…. Be Intentional – Taking Those Necessary Baby Steps for Whole Life Change.
We personally started these baby steps to increase energy, efficiency and organization which will propel anyone into a life that is able to develop an overall financially smart, happy and frugal home. And by frugal, we’re not meaning cheap! You can be frugal with no matter how little or how much money you have. It is just being good with the money you have.
In our many years of attempted thriftiness, one thing that we have determined is that you can save a buck here and there and grab deals left and right, but for a truly frugal lifestyle, it requires time and organization. If you do not have those things, then frugality is very frustrating.
You may have added the challenges each day we presented them, which is great! You may have skipped a few, you may have started later in the game, but honestly, it doesn’t matter where you started…what matters is where you are going.
Don’t get discouraged and don’t get frustrated. Just pick up where you left off, or even start all over and add them in one at a time at a reasonable pace for you.
We are going to post all 30 challenges here so that you can pick up where you left off, or start anew.
Here’s the current growing list of challenges in case you missed them and want to get your life on the right track:
- Set and Be Strict About Bedtime
- Work Towards Waking Up At The Same Time Everyday
- Making Your Bed Everyday
- Get Dressed To Shoes Everyday
- Hydrate Yourself
- 5 Minute Stretching and Breathing Exercise
- Implement a 20 Minute Quick Clean with You and Your Family
- Menu Planning
- Dinner by 10
- Take Your Vitamins
- Have A Family Meeting To Review, Discuss and Figure Out How To Solve Obstacles Preventing You From Doing Challenges #1-#10. Plus read about the results of our family meeting and our solutions so far HERE.
- Develop a Nighttime Routine
- Write Out Daily Schedule
- Complete the Financial Summary Questionnaire (free Download)
- Clean Off and Scrub the Bathroom Counters and Then Do A Daily Wipe Down
- Complete the Home Map for Complete Clean-out and Organization (free Download)
- Find and Fix The Second Thing Sabotaging Your Day
- Create your weekly, monthly and annual budget (with free download)
- Create Your Regular Shopping List with Price Comparisons (free Download)
- Re-evaluate Daily Schedule and Make Realistic and Necessary Changes
- Create Your Debt Overview and Calculate Annual Interest and More (free Download)
- Complete the Debt Payoff and Goal Planner (free Download)
- Find Your First 2% Cut From Your Budget
- Set Your Extra Income Monthly Goals (Using 2% Rule) (free Download)
- Brainstorm Extra Money Making Ideas This Year (free Download)
- Download and Use the THRIFTY Weekly Planner (free Download) – This one is one of my favorites!!
- Put Together Your Home/Finance Binder (free Download)
- Have A Family Meeting To Review, Discuss and Figure Out How To Solve The Third Biggest Obstacle Preventing You From Doing These 30 Challenges
- Develop a Fun Chore System – Feel Free To Use Our Bag Chores Game For Your Kids and Family (free Download) – Another favorite of mine!
- Keep Going and Keep In Touch With Us
We also hope to have a separate 30-day email that you can sign-up for that will allow you to be reminded of that day’s challenge. We have seen sites that have these special emails and so we know we can do it, but we just need to figure out how…so as soon as we figure that out, you can sign up for that.
We also encourage you to keep in touch with us as we will continue to find ways to encourage you in these challenges as well as lots more fun things and themes to come in 2013.
Here’s ways you can keep in touch:
- Sign up for our free email newsletter HERE which comes out around 4-6 times per week.
- Follow us on Pinterest HERE where we only pin recipes, homemaking ideas, articles and fun ways to live and save
- Follow us on Twitter HERE where every time we put up a post, it is tweeted
- Follow us on Facebook HERE where we have frugal discussions and post 70% of our posts there too!
One final thing….. we also have a separate Facebook Group with less than 200 members (different from our Facebook page) where you can engage in discussions, receive encouragement and talk to others that are participating in the challenges too for more ideas! Head to the Be Intentional with The Thrifty Couple Facebook Page HERE and ask to join us there! You can also invite friends and spouses too!