Last week we shared our weekly planning system that is very effective in having a productive day and week and helps you to plan a few tasks in each category of life. I thought that now that we have shared it, it would be nice to share what our plan and menu is for each week to really encourage you to do the same!
First, before I share our weekly plan and our menu, you can read about each of these on these links:
Okay, so now I am going to share what my plan is so far for the 2/18/13 week and encourage you to download your weekly planner and make your plan!
T – stands for Thrifty – what are my thrifty goals for the week?
- Re-Organize Binder
- Make homemade Fruit/Veggie Wash
- Make Organic Kale Ice Cubes (I bought a bunch of organic Kale that is going to go bad soon. We use it in our morning smoothies and so I will turn it into frozen kale cubes so that we can toss them in the mix in the morning.
H – stands for Home – what are some things I/we need to do around and for our home?
- Plan the menu for kids/grandparents to shop and pre-prepare while Alex and I are in NYC
- Clean out Fridge
- Wash bedding
R – stands for Relationships – a place where I write down who I need to call, send a note to or remember a birthday/event.
- Birthday call to Great Grandma
- Make Bridal shower gift for Samantha
- Girls write B-day thank you notes
- Birthday email to Jared on Tues.
I – stands for Involvement – this is the part of my planner that allows me and my family to be involved in our community and church in small ways each week.
- Donate box of baby food and formula to Pregnancy Care Center
- Pack a box of toys to donate
F – stands for Finances – What financial tasks do we need to complete this week: (also as we continue to find our 2% cuts each month!)
- Change payment info on _____
- Complete Taxes and Submit
- Cancel extra cell phone service
- Cancel monthly homeschool history service (doing something different)
- Cancel newspaper
T – stands for To-Do’s- misc. things I need to do this week!
- Book Idaho hotel
- Take Kids to Trampoline Park with Groupon
- Look at Bountiful Baskets for ordering this week
Y – stands for You – what are some things that I can do for yourself to de-stress and relax for all of the hard work you do!
- Register for Scrapbooking event in March
- Find affordable natural mascara option
By the end of Monday morning, I have already completed 4 of the above weekly tasks and so I am off to a great start on a productive week!
Here’s our dinner menu for the week!
Monday – Stir-Fry with brown rice and fruit tray
Tuesday – Chinese Chicken Salad and wheat rolls
Wednesday – Crockpot Roast and Potatoes with carrots/onions/celery
Thursday - Cowboy Chili and creamy cornbread
Friday – Date night!
Saturday – Taco Salads
Sunday – Chinese Casserole
And… no matter whether you make a menu or not, don’t forget about “dinner by 10!”
If you would like to print your own THRIFTY weekly planner, you can do so below. Alex designed it to where it requires very little ink and in fact you can print it in fast draft/grayscale to use even less ink. But either one uses miniscule amount of ink!
Please note, if you are reading this email in our rss feed or our email newsletter, you may have to click to the post HERE to print this download.
|<== Download your printable Weekly Thrifty Planner HERE|
Please share in the comments below what your menu and plan is for the week!