We are now on day #25 of our Be Intentional Challenges! We hope it has been wonderful, productive and life-changing so far.
And if you don’t know what we are talking about….. read on!
The 30 Be Intentional challenges this month are designed to get you on the right foot, the right track and give you energy, efficiency and organization which will propel you into a life that is able to develop an overall financially smart, happy and frugal home. We are going to have different themes each month this year (and we have very exciting stuff planned) and this month is your foundation!
We encourage couples and families to do these challenges together so the whole house can function well!
As the 30 days go along, we will be focusing on 5 areas for the Be Intentional Month:
Here’s the previous 23 challenges in case you missed them and want to get your life on the right track:
- Set and Be Strict About Bedtime
- Work Towards Waking Up At The Same Time Everyday
- Making Your Bed Everyday
- Get Dressed To Shoes Everyday
- Hydrate Yourself
- 5 Minute Stretching and Breathing Exercise
- Implement a 20 Minute Quick Clean with You and Your Family
- Menu Planning
- Dinner by 10
- Take Your Vitamins
- Have A Family Meeting To Review, Discuss and Figure Out How To Solve Obstacles Preventing You From Doing Challenges #1-#10. Plus read about the results of our family meeting and our solutions so far HERE.
- Develop a Nighttime Routine
- Write Out Daily Schedule
- Complete the Financial Summary Questionnaire
- Clean Off and Scrub the Bathroom Counters and Then Do A Daily Wipe Down
- Complete the Home Map for Complete Clean-out and Organization
- Find and Fix The Second Thing Sabotaging Your Day
- Create your weekly, monthly and annual budget (with free download)
- Create Your Regular Shopping List with Price Comparisons
- Re-evaluate Daily Schedule and Make Realistic and Necessary Changes
- Create Your Debt Overview and Calculate Annual Interest and More
- Complete the Debt Payoff and Goal Planner
- Find Your First 2% Cut From Your Budget
- Set Your Extra Income Monthly Goals (Using 2% Rule)
Continuing on with generating extra income in your household this year to help you meet your financial goals – whether to be debt-free, pay for college, fund retirement…anything, brings us to the next challenge!
So…. Be Intentional Challenge #25 :
Brainstorm Extra Money Making Ideas This Year
We encourage you to be sure to take Be Intentional Challenge #24 first before this one to know what goals you are shooting for this year. Once you have done that, then let’s talk about some ideas!
We have shared MANY, many ideas and talk about them continuously. Instead of going through many of our ideas again, we will post links to those ideas with over 130 ideas and counting! And as always, we will continue to talk about ideas as we find them!
- Over 100 Ways To Earn Extra Income HERE
- How to make $780 right NOW
- Our Money Making opportunities category HERE with ideas in individual posts
As some ideas that we have done in the past and currently to bring in extra income:
- Delivering Newspapers (this was the first extra income job we had and we made around $400 a month. It was hard work and we only did it for about 4 months because getting up everyday at 4 am was tough – BUT it was a HUGE blessing to get the ball rolling and a great one for kids too!)
- Upselling items we bought used (usually a 200% profit each item)
- Selling on Ebay/Craig’s List (about a 50+% profit)
- Blogging (income in blogging doesn’t start for about 6 months, but it can bring in a few hundred a month with consistent posting)
- Delivering Phonebooks (We’ve made a couple thousand each 4-week round – but our guest posters made $7,000 in a few weeks!)
- Donating Blood (you can make $25-30 each time!)
- Surveys from home a few minutes per day (about $15 – $30 a month from each company)
- Helping someone with whatever they need help with (babysitting, cleaning, weeding, snow removal, etc. and we’ve made about $10 -$20 an hour doing this)
- Amazon Trade-In program (selling back not only items in our home, but using our smart phones and scanning items at garage sales/thrift stores to find valuable items and then buying them cheap and selling. We typically will buy items for $1 and have sold them for $20 profit each!)
- Selling hand made items at craft shows.
- Using skills we currently have (Alex is a Software Eng. by trade and so he sells his services on the side for an hourly fee for those that need 1-hour of work to those that have a lot more work needed).
This is a subject that has lots of ideas and innumerable ways to earn extra income.
Just print off this Brainstorming Download and start planning! This is a very basic planner and not meant to be comprehensive, but it will be enough to make a plan!
This is also a fantastic learning, growth and responsibility task for children and teens!
|<== Download your printable Brainstorm Extra Income Ideas Plan HERE|
One final thing….. we also have a Facebook Group where you can engage in discussions, receive encouragement and talk to others that are participating in the challenges too for more ideas! Head to the Be Intentional with The Thrifty Couple Facebook Page HERE and ask to join us there! You can also invite friends and spouses too!