We told about this free way to organize your bills over a year ago. We have been using it since then and have been very impressed and appreciative of the free, secure program. We love to use anything that makes our lives easier, but don’t like paying for it and this is PERFECT! Mint.com is also something we are going to try out in this new year as we have heard good things about it too, but for now, we thought we would mention this again for two reasons:
- We mentioned budgeting and tracking in our Be Intentional Challenges
- Manilla is giving away $2,500 and more in prizes and cash right now and so it is a good time to remind you about it again!
I use to use just a spreadsheet to manage all of our bills. Our bills are divided by month which means I manually log into each separate website (gas, utilities, cell phones, etc), view each bill and then update my spreadsheet. Thankfully my browser has my login information cached for each as it would be even more of a hassle, but its still a hassle to update each balance manually – and that’s hoping that I’m logging in after the new bill has posted.
Since using free online tools, my life has been simpler. Manilla is offering a unique, easy, secure and FREE way to manage your bills in one simple place online. Here’s the deal (steps as previously posted).
Sign up for a free account HERE (took me less than a minute). After that, you add each account by typing the company’s name into the dropdown and enter your login information for each account – this is a one time process. Manilla takes care of the rest:
Within seconds my account information showed up with date due, balance and my full bill was available to view. From now on, I’ll be able to login and view all my bills from one location – and configure each account individually to notify me via email or text message prior to the due date for each bill! Plus they offer a mobile app for both Android and iPhone users to download and provide those reminders as well! I’ll be downloading that as soon as I’m done with this post.
So you might be asking yourself how Manilla can offer this service for FREE. They don’t offer ads (other than from the businesses you have in your accounts) and this is not a 30-day trial trying to lock you into a long-term commitment. As we mentioned before when we recommended on-line bill pay through your bank and going paperless with your bill statements, companies pay a lot of money for printing paper bills and sending them out. When you sign up for Manilla, they stop sending your paper bills so companies actually pay Manilla a small fee every month to save money. As there are so many companies, this is offered for free to us and paid by the companies. I did check though and Manilla states they will keep your bills for as long as you have your account – giving you 30 days to download or print your bills later if you ever decide to close your account.
In the short time that I spent researching this morning, I’ve already setup most of my accounts and configured my notification settings for each bill. Instead of going to all my different biller’s websites, I can now go to one place and review all my account information. Plus I can even pay a majority of my bills through Manilla as well. I’m tickled pink (wow, that says a lot for me, doesn’t it?) and can’t believe just how easy it was to get started!
To get started for free, head to Manilla HERE to sign-up and start importing your bills as well! Plus by doing it now, you get a chance at many prizes they are giving away!
Finally, here’s the details of the giveaway that they are doing right now that we saw and just copied and pasted here so you can see those details too!
Kick off 2013 and use Manilla to organize and simplify all of your accounts in one secure place. Enter The Manilla Get It Together Challenge to become more organized and win the I Got It Together $2,500 Grand Prize and other amazing Manilla partner prizes.
How To Enter:
New to Manilla? Sign up for FREE HERE (same links as all the rest in this post), link 3 accounts and automatically be entered to win great prizes!
• I Got It Together $2,500 Grand Prize
• Shopping sprees at Pottery Barn to get your home together, at Sports Authority to get your body together and at Ann Taylor to get your wardrobe together
• Amazing Manilla partner prizes to help get it together including,
1. $500 pre-loaded Refundo Account Debit MasterCard
2. Hot Mamalah: The Ultimate Guide for Every Woman of the Tribe book by Lisa Klug
3. 25 Marketing for the Chic CEO E-Books
4. Diva Mama Aromatherapy Spray set, 1 hour phone consultation and a personalized guided meditation to achieve life balance with Shira Adler
5. $25 Target gift card from Go Momma Coupons
6. Tamara Monosoff’s How Hot Is Your Product program and a free Mom Inventors Handbook from Mom Invented
7. 4,000 Shopcade bonus points to use on the site to redeem promotions and retails items 8. Uncommon Chick Kesha Brown 2013 Inspirational Calendar
9. $25 AMEX gift certificate use at the Hipiti store of your choice
10. Organize Your Office In No Time book by Monica Ricci and a 60-minute phone consultation on home or office organizing with Monica
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Manilla. Please note that my “neater-than-sliced-bread” review is all my own – I really am a believer! Please know our continual goal is to provide you good values and save you both time and money.