Make sure to check our full list of recipes, ideas and tips on how to use Soup-or-Sauce (SOS) Mix!
So we have been sharing a series of recipes and ideas using this awesome SOS mix and turning these into cream soups, sauces, gravies and so much more.
Well, this is the final cream soup option I am sharing this month, but we still have another week for me to share even more ideas using this SOS mix.
Today we are sharing Cream of Celery that you can eat by itself or to use in any recipe!
Just like the others, this soup is very easy to make as well and does not take much more time than opening a can of cream of celery soup!
The funny part is that in the 13-years Alex and I have been married, one of his food enemies is celery. It is an enemy especially because I love it! I can eat it raw all day long! So it really drives him crazy when he finds celery in casseroles or on the veggie snack tray that day (which is almost everyday ).
So when I first made this soup a while back, he wasn’t the happiest camper in the den. But then he tasted it and LOVED it! It is actually one of his favorite soups ever! He hasn’t ever been able to eat any cream of whatever soup by itself and doesn’t mind them in casseroles, but he asks for this soup!
That is crazy, huh! But that is just how awesome it is! The picture above was one of my bowls because even though he loves the soup, he doesn’t like to eat it with a fresh stalk like me
But whether you use a silver spoon, plastic spoon or celery spoon, it may be a new hit in your family or even a richer taste in your recipes.
Note: If you desire to print this recipe or are not reading this on our site please click here for a nicely formatted and printable recipe!
|Homemade Cream of Celery Soup Using SOS Mix||
- 1.5 cups of fresh diced celery
- 1 tsp. of minced (fresh or already minced) garlic
- ⅓ dry mix of SOS sauce (Recipe at: http://thethriftycouple.com/sos)
- 1¼ Cup of Water
- First, in a sauté pan, on medium heat, sauté the diced celery in butter with the garlic until the celery is soft. This takes 5-8 minutes.
- While the celery is sauteing, mix the ⅓ cup dry SOS mix with the 1¼ cup of water in a saucepan on medium heat and whisk together until the sauce is a uniform consistency (no lumps)
- Once it is lump free, then add the sautéed celery and garlic and cook until bubbly.
- Turn heat to low and simmer until the soup thickens.
- Serve and enjoy or use in any recipe calling for 1 can of cream of celery soup!
This soup is actually one of our favorite homemade soups. It has a surprisingly very gourmet and rich taste!
More Recipe Ideas:
Check out http://thethriftycouple.com/sos for more recipe ideas using the SOS mix!
This amount is equal to using (1) 10.75 can of cream of celery soup.
Don’t forget to check out our growing list of ways to use the SOS Mix (and the recipe for the mix itself) for making soups, sauces, casseroles and more!