It has been a while since we have shared our shopping trips. Honestly, they haven’t been too exciting as 80% of our purchase is produce and the other is the dairy products and other fresh foods. We haven’t been using coupons! We have been using our supply of frozen meats in our freezer, our pantry basics and then the fresh foods we buy each week.
Also, our supply of toiletry items in our “thrifty store” from past coupon shopping will hold us over for quite some time. So we haven’t had a need to do any coupon shopping, but just living out of our pantry. Plus, we had a new local grocery store open up close to use (it is not a national chain) and so we have been doing most of our shopping there as we have found that the produce prices are superb! But we just haven’t used any coupons!
Even though most of our shopping the last couple of months have been at this new local grocery store, I am hoping to pop into our Kroger this week to get cereal for as low as .74 before the sale ends. I am not sure if I will make it to the store, but that is my hope
However, we did get the opportunity to go to Whole Foods and Sunflower Market. We do not live close to either of them, but we were in an area where they both were and we always love to shop at these two stores! Our Whole Foods is awesome as they take printable coupons (which are the bulk of natural and organic product coupons) and they will allow you to stack a store coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon for twice the savings!
With that, here’s the results of our shopping trips! First up, Whole Foods: (you can take advantage of these deals too with the coupons we list!)
- 1 KW Knudsen Organic Blueberry Juice on sale for $3. Then use the .75/1 coupon = final is $2.25
- 2 Bags of Snikiddy Snacks on sale for $2.19 each = $4.38. Then use two $2 off coupon – $4 = final is .38 for two bags or .19 each!
- 6 Stonyfield Farms Organic yogurt on sale for 5 for $3 = $3.60. Then used two .50/3 printable coupons – $1 = final is $2.60 for 6 or .43 each
- 2 Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurts on sale for $1.00 each = $2. then used two .50/1 from previous promotion – $1.00 = final is $1.oo for two or .50 each.
- 2 Stonyfield Organic Yogurt 32 oz. tubs on sale for $2.50 each = $5. Then used two .50/1 from the Stonyfield Farms Site – $1 = final is $4 for two or $2 each.
- 1 Stonyfield Organic Frozen Yogurt (we got Dark Chocolate – YUM!) on sale for $3.69. Then used $1.00/1 from the Stonyfield Facebook page and stacked with the $1.00 off Whole Foods coupon – $2 = final is $1.69
- 1 Lifeway Keifer Frozen Yogurt for $4.69. Then used free coupon from past promotion = final is free
- 1 2-lb bag of organic carrots on sale for $1.98 = final is $1.98
- 1 2-lb bag of baby organic carrots on sale for $4 = final is $4
- 1 Organic Earth Balance Mayo on sale for $4.39 each = $8.78. Then used two $1.00/1 printable coupon and stacked with two $1.00/1 Whole Foods store coupons – $4 = final is $4.78 for two or $2.39 each
- 3 16 oz. bottles of POM Wonderful Juice (our favorite juice to use in our homemade water kefir) on sale for $3.99 each = $11.97. Then used three $1.00/1 printable coupons and three $1.00/1 Whole Foods coupons – $6 = final is $6.97 for three or $1.99 each
Whole Foods Shopping Trip Summary: The total with sale prices but before coupons was $53.09. We then used $24.44 in coupons which made our final total of $28.65 for all of the organic foods above!
Then immediately after, we popped on over to Sunflower Market for the super deals on fresh selections. Sunflower Markets are in many places all over the country, you should really check out the prices in your local store as they are phenomenal where we are at for comparable produce prices in our area!
Here’s what we got:
- 1 Large fresh basil plant on sale for $4.99
- 1 cantaloupe on sale for $1
- about 6lbs of grapes on sale for .99 each lb. = $6
- 3 Organic celery on sale for $1.49 each = $4.47
- 2 Red Peppers on sale for .69 each = $1.38
- 1 1-lb. strawberries on sale for $2 = $2
- 2 lbs. of organic broccoli on sale for $1.29 each lb. = $2.58
- 1 fresh rosemary plant on sale for $3.34 = $3.34
Sunflower Markets Summary: We spent $25.76 for all of the above produce on sale. This was a great deal!
Anyway, what deals have you found lately and what are some of the best stores in your area?