Make sure to check our full list of recipes, ideas and tips on how to use Soup-or-Sauce (SOS) Mix!
This past week we shared the recipe for the miracle mix of SOS Mix. As we have mentioned, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of ways to use this one mix, and so we will continue to share many ideas on how we use it!
Today we are sharing Cream of Broccoli that you can turn into Broccoli Cheese soup!
This soup is very easy to make and it can be made last minute with fresh or frozen broccoli.
Note: If you desire to print this recipe or are not reading this on our site please click here for a nicely formatted and printable recipe!
|Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup Using SOS Mix||
- 1 fresh broccoli crown diced or 1 12oz. bag of frozen broccoli diced into small pieces
- ⅓ dry mix of SOS sauce (Recipe at: http://thethriftycouple.com/sos)
- 1¼ Cup of Water
- 1 cup of fresh shredded cheddar cheese
- First mix the ⅓ cup dry SOS mix with the 1¼ cup of water in a saucepan on medium heat and whisk together until the sauce is a uniform consistency (no lumps)
- Once it is lump free, add your fresh or frozen diced broccoli and cook until bubbly.
- Turn heat to low and add cheese and mix in until melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can also throw a quick, basic casserole together with rice and cooked chicken and then pour this soup over the top and top with the cheese and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees for a quick and yummy dinner fix!
More Recipe Ideas:
Check out http://thethriftycouple.com/sos for more recipe ideas using the SOS mix!
This amount is equal to using (1) 10.75 can of cream of broccoli soup.
Don’t forget to check out our growing list of ways to use the SOS Mix (and the recipe for the mix itself) for making soups, sauces, casseroles and more!