Make sure to check our full list of recipes, ideas and tips on how to use Soup-or-Sauce (SOS) Mix!
We recently shared the recipe for the miracle mix of SOS Mix. Well, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of ways to use this one mix! But we are going to share our family’s favorites and the most popular ways to use it to replace popular canned soups for cooking and make our own Homemade Cream of Mushroom soup!
The benefits of this soup are that it is fat free, super yummy (we can pretty much guarantee that you will enjoy this so much more than any pre-made canned version) and it only takes a couple more minutes than opening a can of cream of mushroom soup. This homemade soup can be used as a replacement to any cream of mushroom soup in any recipe as well we eating it on it’s own. Honestly, our kids hate mushrooms, but they devour this just as a soup alone for how good it is, so even that much better in casseroles and recipes too!
Note: If you desire to print this recipe or are not reading this on our site please click here for a nicely formatted and printable recipe!
|Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup Using SOS Mix (Easy, Frugal and Better Than Campbell’s Canned!)||
- 1 4 oz. can of drained mushrooms or ½ cup sauteed fresh mushrooms
- ⅓ dry mix of SOS sauce (Recipe at: http://thethriftycouple.com/sos)
- 1¼ Cup of Water
- First mix the ⅓ cup dry SOS mix with the 1¼ cup of water in a saucepan on medium heat and whisk together until the sauce is a uniform consistency (no lumps)
- Once it is lump free, add your can of drained mushrooms or your sauteed fresh mushrooms and cook until bubbly.
- Serve as soup or mix it into your recipe calling for 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
More Recipe Ideas:
Check out http://thethriftycouple.com/sos for more recipe ideas using the SOS mix!
This amount is equal to using (1) 10.75 can of cream of mushroom soup.
Don’t forget to check out our growing list of ways to use the SOS Mix (and the recipe for the mix itself) for making soups, sauces, casseroles and more!