We’re not sure if you remember this back on Black Friday, but at that time ING was offering a measly $107 bonus for trying out their checking accounts (can you tell we’re joking about $107 being measly?). Well, to celebrate Independence Day, ING is really kicking up their bonuses! Right now ING is offering you a great incentive to try their checking accounts this Independence Day (offer expires July 3, 2012 at 11:59pm EST). They are offering you $152 just for trying it which is actually more than triple what they normally offer! One exciting note for this account is they do not have bank fees, a minimum balance or overdraft fees. We took advantage of this on Black Friday and were excited just how smooth everything went and how we got everything the promotion promised. Not a bad way to check out a new checking account!
To sign up for your Electric Orange Account:
- Click over to ING, select the option for an Electric Orange Account HERE
- Follow the process to sign up (it takes about 5 minutes)
- Make a total of 5 purchases (either signature or PIN-based) using your Electric Orange Card or Person2Person Payments (or any combination of the two) within 45 days, and a $76 bonus will be automatically deposited into your account by August 22nd.
- Also earn $76 more for switching – Set up Direct Deposit and have two Direct Deposits of at least $250 post to your Electric Orange by August 31st, and your other $76 bonus for setting up Direct Deposit will be automatically deposited by September 10th.
If you do both steps, your total $152 bonus will be automatically deposited into your account by September 10th.
In addition, you can create a Kids Savings Account for each of your kids and they will receive a $17.76 bonus just for signing up! This actually comes at the perfect time as we have been discussing opening an account for our younger two children (we had opened kid’s accounts for the oldest three on Black Friday when they earned their bonuses) as we encourage our extended family to cut down on the number of gifts and instead consider adding to their savings – with the intent of helping invest in their future instead of giving gifts that will soon be forgotten!
To sign up your child for a Kids Savings Account:
- Click over to ING, select the option to sign up for a Kids Savings Account HERE (look for image above)
- Follow the process to sign up (it took us about 2-3 minutes per child)
- The $17.76 bonus will be added to your child’s new account. Only available when you open a new account with at least one new Customer (either you or the kiddo must be a new Customer to ING DIRECT).
- The $17.76 bonus starts earning interest upon account opening, and is available for withdrawal after 30 days
Finally, you can open a bank account with debit card that parents and teens manage together to get a $27.76 bonus! This will allow your teenage to understand even more about finances and give you, the parent, the opportunity to teach your teen how to be financially responsible by instilling those good habits early.
To sign up your teen for a Money Bank Account:
- Click over to ING, select the option to sign up for a Money Bank Account HERE (look for image above)
- Follow the process to sign up (we assume it should take less than 5 minutes per teen)
- Your $27.76 bonus will be automatically deposited into your account on day 35.
- There’s no minimum deposit amount required.
This might be a great opportunity to help save for the expenses this upcoming fall season!