If you use dryer sheets – you can find some fun creative ways to reuse, re-purpose and recycle them. They are quite a handy dandy little thing to have around for many purposes! We keep a bag hanging on our laundry room door (we actually have two bags, one for the lint too for something we will share later ). So we just go through this list and find the next place to use (used or even new for those tough smelly jobs) the dryer sheets to help around the home!
So here’s a quick list for some fun and practical ways to reuse your dryer sheets:
In the laundry room:
- Bottom of hamper to keep fresh smelling
- Cut in half and only use a 1/2 sheet per load
- Use once, save and then use again with another used sheet (using two used sheets per load is like using one new one)
- Clean lint trap
- Clean washer/dryer on the outside both a dry wipe and a wet wipe
- Remake dryer sheets again. See the instructions and recipe HERE on our 4 Easy Ways To Make Your Own Fabric Softener
In the Kitchen/Bathroom:
- Soap scum cleaner
- Clean chrome around house (like your sink/shower fixtures)
- Washing dishes
- In the bottom of garbage cans
- Bug repellant – don’t rub on your skin, but maybe stick in pocket instead. Bugs don’t like the smell.
- Clean car plastic and chrome on both the inside and outside
- Wash windows outside on house and vehicles
- Car deodorizer under seats/glove compartments, etc.
- Tents and camping gear and inside sleeping bags between storage
Bedroom/Other Household Areas:
- Lay under mattress cover before making bed
- Filter on air registers – just place the sheet down and put the register back up and replace after it is dusty
- Filter in plant pots – place in the bottom of plant pots before planting to help keep the “dirt in the pot”
- Freshen up drawers (specifically clothing drawers)
- Freshen up gym bags, stinky shoes, or other stinky spots
- Clean and dust blinds
- Clean electronics – great for computer and t.v screens especially
- Laminate floor Swiffer sweeper alternative – even attach to your current system
- Miscellaneous wet or dry cleaning jobs
- Miscellaneous scrubbing jobs
- Use to remove pet hair on furniture
- Rub directly on your nylons, clothes or anything that has some static
- Quick dusting on drapes as well as a “freshener” to rid of the musty/dusty/stale smell in between the washings
- Under couch cushions to help freshen up and keep smelling clean
- Hide under pet areas and pet beds
- Place under mats and rugs and replace as needed for an extra layer of freshness
- Store in luggage between uses to stop stale smell
- In clothing or other storage containers to tone down musty stale smell
- Freshen up musty books by placing a used dryer sheet in Ziploc with a book for a few days and it will smell better after
- Stick in musty basement corners to keep fresh (we have also heard that it can repel rodents as they don’t like the smell, not sure but could serve double duty for this purpose if that does work!)
PLUS – Just give to kids and let the creative juices flow for crafts and fun! Pull out crayons, markers, paints, scissors, etc.! You never know what they will create!
Now the fun part is that you can download and print this list to hang in your laundry room for quick ideas on where to use that next used dryer sheet that you just pulled out of the dryer! It might also be fun to start at the top and run through the list each day you do a load and then everything will get redone/replaced every couple of months! It is a good way to rotate your cleaning and freshening routine!
|<== Download your printable list HERE.|
Do you have any ideas to share? Please leave your comments below for us all to get more ideas. We would love to hear from you!