Alex and Cassie (The Thrifty Couple) and our 5 kids
We announced a few weeks ago that many awesome changes are taking place here at The Thrifty Couple! We continue making changes to make our site better, more efficient, more user friendly, and easier to get the information you have wanted that never expires (like our recipes, articles, money savings tips and budgeting tips).
We made the first big change and announcement last week and we enjoyed hearing your encouragement on the change. Nearly everyone was super excited about the new homepage and all of the timeless information being easier to access and find without having to wade through dozens of posts, while at the same time still posting all of those wonderful deals, savings, coupons and FREEBIES – just one click away on our blog (HINT: the blog is easy to bookmark for direct linking)!
We had been posting around 10 deals, savings ideas, coupons, and freebies every day for many months now – but we know many of you are just looking for many more posts to help you find those deals, coupons, savings tips and freebies/samples that will fit your family. We haven’t been able to bring you more than the 10 posts as we’ve been trying to run our household, manage our many family businesses, and homeschool our children. But we had an idea!
We know many other “Thrifty Couples” that each come from different stages of life, family dynamics, and budgets. Why not have them share some of those daily posts with you to help give you some variety and perspectives each and every day? So we asked and they excitedly said YES! You might have even noticed that the number of daily posts are starting to increase! And its only going to get better!
Honestly, we are super excited about this! Why? There are many reasons, but here are the top three:
- You get even more deals, coupons and freebies! With five other “Thrifty Couples” helping to find the deals, savings, coupons and freebies – you will find that the normal 10 posts per day will be increasing to 15, 20 or more – it means that you will find an even more complete list of things you can take advantage of to help you save more in every area of life where it makes sense for your family! That is awesome to have that resource more than double it’s normal posting capacity!
- Hear from other perspectives even possibly closer to your own – You will see posts and deals from other perspectives than just our own! As you can notice from the bios below, each family brings a different family setting, their own set of financial goals, a unique family dynamic and even their own personality – meaning you will be able to find more information than just coming from our own thoughts on deals!
- You get even more household finance and frugal living information – Now that we have some help with the daily savings posts – we are extremely excited to start spending more time writing the timeless articles, sharing our recipes, sharing thrifty and frugal living tips, budgeting, finance, and tips on making extra income or starting family businesses. Pretty much everything that you see on the new homepage is going to grow and grow. We will keep sharing our personal story and our unique and personal financial plan to help your family reach upcoming financial goals!
Cassie and I will also be able to start adding videos on couponing specifically and our unique approach to it (as referenced in the coupon corner on our homepage) plus you will soon find some really handy downloads for “Family Financial Focus” and “Healthy Harmonious Home” coming soon as well! We have been wanting to do all of these things for a very long time and so we are so ecstatic to bring you even more every week!
Here’s what you can continue to expect from our site:
- Growing list of “never expires” resources to help you build your “Family Financial Focus” and “Healthy Harmonious Home” that will be put in a blog post like they always have, but also now filed and easily found on our new homepage as well (look for this on our home page):
- The Recipe of the Day and the Article of the Day that are now located on our home page each day for more ideas in the kitchen and information you can find on the site (see example daily recipe and article below):
- The new “Couponing Corner” on the new homepage which will be growing massively to help you be the best and most efficient coupon shopper for your family’s needs.
- The Store Deals page to find many local and national grocery and drugstore shopping lists with coupon matchups!
- Finally, you will now find 15-20+ posts six days a week for that day’s savings which will include: store deals, online deals, coupons and freebies located on our blog (see the menu option below) to help you save in every area of life, for every stage of life and for every budget all with the help of our different contributors.
In our posts, you will now note who it is that has researched and brought this deal right to you by noting the author right under the post title. Cassie and I will still be doing many of them, in fact probably about 10 a day from us still! Want to know who is writing the post? Make sure to check out the author on the top of each post. See this one is written by me
So the next question is, who are all of these new Thrifty Couple Contributors?? Well let us introduce them to you! Don’t forget to stop by our About Us if you don’t know who we are or our background from being the Very Unthrifty Couple to becoming The Thrifty Couple.
Welcome to Our New Thrifty Couple Contributors:
|Jake and Kiz live in a house with 5 bedrooms, 4 children, 3 goldfish, 2 felines, 1 dog, and a dove in a dying spruce tree. They spend their time playing in the garden, coupon shopping, and running their kids to and from trumpet lessons, piano lessons, and swimming lessons. Kiz is a Spanish teacher at a Christian school and enjoys donating her time at the local Pregnancy Care Center. They love their kids and know first hand the financial reality of raising a family in today’s society with four kids – the last two being twins. They used Dave Ramsey’s system to pay off their consumer debt many years ago and do their best to stretch their tight budget as far as it can go to enjoy life as a family of six.|
|Mark and Desiree are parents of 6; Mark teaches college philosophy and Desiree is a homemaker and homeschooling mom. We’ve survived (and even sometimes thrived!) for many years on a very tight budget while raising a large family and while Mark finished his Ph.D. at the same time; we know up close the trials of the current economy, and are excited to share with you some deals and strategies that can help make ends meet, pay off debt, and meet your goals.|
|John and Darrelyn were just recently married. Darrelyn has been couponing for a couple of years, starting when a friend introduced her to the idea of saving money through the use of couponing. At first she started just as a hobby, and then it turned into a major way to save some money. Darrelyn is a Christian school teacher, and John has just recently earned his teaching degree and is currently looking for a teaching position. More than ever, John and Darrelyn need to save money because of their single income, and couponing has been a great way to save and make the ends meet. Darrelyn loves to find great deals online and at her local stores to save money on groceries, gifts, and some of the fun things in life.|
|Mark and Lynda are a couple of baby boomers who love the Lord, life, fun, and cannot resist a deal. We really like saving money! Lynda has returned to college after raising children for 30 years to learn about computers and Mark is a CPA. We are a thrifty couple because we are trying to position ourselves to be ready financially for retirement and to be able to help others who are less fortunate, and to constantly discover ways people can save money and live life in service. Lynda and I would ultimately like to be in a good position financially and spiritually to be able to serve the Lord on some missions.|
|Kael and Calli are a deal-seeking newlywed couple loving married life together. As busy and fiscally conscious college students, we are constantly on the lookout for useful and easily accessible deals. We want to thrive in our community and share our experiences with others who may have similar desires. We work throughout the summer and save our income to pay our living expenses throughout the school year which requires a lot of creative frugality. Some of our hobbies include: outdoor activities, college life, electronics, home crafts, cooking, and planning fun date nights.|
And please feel free to welcome each of our new “Thrifty Couples”! We are excited to have them on board and hope you are too!