For today’s Thrifty Kids Thursday, we wanted to share a favorite kids friendly recipe and treat No-Bake Cookie Mounds.
This is a yummy recipe and perfect for a kid to help make. We also love coconut and Mounds is one of our favorite candies and so with this recipe, you are making a cookie that has similar tastes to cocount and chocolate candy!
This is also a great and easy recipe for holiday treat plates as the kids can actively make them and they feel like they contributed to the holiday treat gift even more!
Here’s what you will need:
2 cups granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter
1/2 cup skim milk
1/3 cup baking cocoa
3 cups quick oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
3/4 cup of coconut
Here’s how to make:
- In a large saucepan combine sugar, margarine, milk, and cocoa.
- Bring the mixture to boil over medium heat, Stirring frequently while boiling.
- Once the mixture has to come to a boil, then cook this mixture for 3 full minutes.
- Once the three minutes are up, remove from heat and stir in the oats and coconut.
- Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to cool and firm (about 30-45 minutes).
- Enjoy the treat!