We wanted to share a new found favorite recipe! Simply Amazing Homemade Fried Ice Cream!
Now, we must warn you that this is sooooo good that you may be stocking up on all of the vanilla ice cream and Cinnamon Toast Crunch that you can find just to keep those taste buds happy!
We love Fried Ice Cream and have really only had it at Garcia’s. It is always such a special treat.
When we saw this recipe, we knew that we had to try it! We found it on a favorite blog of ours: The Happy Housewife! And we were thoroughly impressed as it really tastes like Fried Ice Cream that you would get in a place like Garcia’s! So we have The Happy Housewife to thank for a new taste bud party! So now we are inviting you to join the taste bud party!
Plus – it is really quite simple to make! This is a great treat to make when you have dinner guests over!
Here’s what you will need:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Chocolate Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Canned Whipped Topping
- Maraschino Cherries
How To Make:
- Using an ice cream scoop (for equal size scoops of ice cream), place as many servings as you would like on a metal cookie pan and stick in your freezer for around 30 minutes. You may also place another empty pan in the freezer to start cooling if you would like for a smoother process, however, it is not necessary if you do not have an extra cookie pan. You want the individual scoops to harden as much as possible! You can see our extra pan cooling on the side.
- In the meantime, crush 1/3 cup of Cinnamon Toast Crunch per serving in a bowl. So if you are wanting to serve 2, you would crush 2/3 cups. For 6 servings, you would crush 2 cups, etc.
- After your ice cream has been in the freezer for additional hardening after 30 minutes, it is time to coat with the cinnamon crust!
- We leave the pan with the scoops in the freezer so that the ice cream balls have the least amount to warm air exposure! We take one scoop out and roll it in the crushed cereal and press the topping around the ball and set on the empty cold pan.
- Place the pan of coated ice cream balls back in the freezer to harden even more! We usually coat them before we eat dinner and after we eat and clean up, that is usually more than enough time! In the few times we have made this, anywhere from 10 – minutes to 2 hours will probably work. You will need more time if they feel soft. Just use your best judgment! You want them very firm!
- Then right before you are ready to serve, set out all of the bowls, open the toppings and be ready to serve this up quick!
- Turn your oven on high broil and place your oven rack 6 inches from the broiler.
- Pull your ice cream out of the freezer and pop into the oven for 30-40 seconds.
- Then pull it out of the oven and use tongs to place it in eat bowl and quickly squirt your chocolate and caramel sauces, spray on whipped topping and topped with a cherry!
- Then serve! YUMMY!
And there you go, no real frying in oil and mishaps! It is AMAZING – Enjoy!
Thanks to FullEnglishFood.com for the vanilla ice cream picture.