Okay, so I am a little behind, I told you that I would post our recipe of one of our family favorites yesterday, but I got swamped! So, better late than never!
We had on our menu this week the Sloppy Joe Pot Pie, we love this dish and it is one of our family favorites!!
What you will need:
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 can Manwich (15.5 oz)
- 1 onion
- 1-2 cups of shredded cheese (depending on how much you like – we are a “cheesy” family – in more ways than one 😉 ha!
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- a few dashes of garlic salt/powder
- a few dashes of dried parsley flakes
- Brown the ground beef or turkey
- Drain the meat (and rinse if you would like!)
- Add the onion to start sauteing
- Once onions are soft and browned add the can of Manwich
- Cook together until heated through
- Pour meat mixture into a greased 8 x 11.5 pan
- Sprinkle half of the cheese (whether 1 or .5 cup)
- In a separate bowl, mix the Bisquick, milk, egg, and the rest of the cheese together!
- Then add your garlic salt/powder and parsley flakes to preferred taste
- Pour the Bisquick mixture over the meat mixture
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
It is very easy and very yummy! We also love to take this to pot luck dinners as you can make a lot easily and very thriftily! PLUS it is a huge hit at these types of gatherings! Enjoy!
Photo credit: tablespoon.com